Kizer vs Boyle - Winner take all

Gutekunst says it's likely the #Packers already have their backup QB on their roster in either DeShone Kizer or Tim Boyle. Sorry folks

I don't think Rodgers' replacement is even in college yet. Why? I see the Packers riding his arm for the next four, and possibly five years, whether anyone likes it or not. A franchise QB of his caliber doesn't come around for over two decades, like we've had with Favre and Rodgers.

I think we're a little spoiled as to what we expect from back-up QBs. We've seen some pretty good ones come through GB, and even released, before they actually played a game for the Packers. Over those years, when all these guys were back ups to Favre, I kept hearing how they weren't any good, yet one after another left GB, and ended up spending some time starting somewhere else. Heck! One even earned a trip to Canton for his play.

The point is, measuring our back-ups against Rodgers isn't realistic. Measure them against what you see on the rosters of other teams. The object would be to hope we fall at least in the middle of the pack. Anything above that is pure gravy.

I don't think Rodgers' replacement is even in college yet. Why? I see the Packers riding his arm for the next four, and possibly five years, whether anyone likes it or not. A franchise QB of his caliber doesn't come around for over two decades, like we've had with Favre and Rodgers.

I think we're a little spoiled as to what we expect from back-up QBs. We've seen some pretty good ones come through GB, and even released, before they actually played a game for the Packers. Over those years, when all these guys were back ups to Favre, I kept hearing how they weren't any good, yet one after another left GB, and ended up spending some time starting somewhere else. Heck! One even earned a trip to Canton for his play.

The point is, measuring our back-ups against Rodgers isn't realistic. Measure them against what you see on the rosters of other teams. The object would be to hope we fall at least in the middle of the pack. Anything above that is pure gravy.
While I understand and agree with most of this, what is coming out of D1 ball now and what did in the Favre era is different. Hasselbeck, Brooks, Brunnel even Detmer were more pro ready coming out of pro systems. Guys today are out of spread systems and much more of a crap shoot. I would hope #12's replacement is in college now, he needs to be drafted in the next 1-3 year and if your guy is there take him. Dont think I reach next year but after that yes, depending on the guy. I dont think 12 plays to the end of his deal

I always think of Doug Pederson when I think of a Packer backup QB. He was basically nothing more than a fringe player for the better part of his career. Even when he was signed as the starter in Philly, by Andy Reid, he was there only until McNabb was ready to start.
I don't know that he ever won a game for the Packers in a "must win" scenario, and can only recall doing it once (Miami) as a backup. He was 2-7 as the starter in Philly before being replaced.
I don't recall Packer fans grumbling a lot about Pederson as Favre's backup, and he (Pederson) maybe had less talent than Boyle has.
So why don't we find out what Boyle can do as a backup QB?

I always think of Doug Pederson when I think of a Packer backup QB. He was basically nothing more than a fringe player for the better part of his career. Even when he was signed as the starter in Philly, by Andy Reid, he was there only until McNabb was ready to start.
I don't know that he ever won a game for the Packers in a "must win" scenario, and can only recall doing it once (Miami) as a backup. He was 2-7 as the starter in Philly before being replaced.
I don't recall Packer fans grumbling a lot about Pederson as Favre's backup, and he (Pederson) maybe had less talent than Boyle has.
So why don't we find out what Boyle can do as a backup QB?
did social media exist when Pederson was a QB in GB? or fan forums? if they were on lord the bitching

Back