KING: Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies

Wonder when he's going to make an announcement on his retirement plans. Now that the dust has settled from their win..

Wonder when he's going to make an announcement on his retirement plans. Now that the dust has settled from their win..

I have wondered the same. The media spin was that he wanted the limelight to be on the Broncos and not him. He supposedly counseled with his Dad and it was important to honor the Bolen's and the team. I always had an inkling that he really wasn't ready to retire. We'll see.

Normally this type of thing I read with a grain of salt with the he said she said.. But a) this girl didn't try to capitalize on this, and b) we're talking about testimony under oath. This isn't some anonymous source stuff...

I'd say ya it's a double standard. But since the girl hasn't tried to use this as leverage for anything she just wants to live her life, and the 24/7 news cycle wasn't really up and running yet not surprising it has been pretty quiet and hidden. But now? Different story...

Can't say I'm surprised. It was never more than a feeling, but I always suspected Manning was a huge jerk, and what you see on tv is just an image.

Can't say I'm surprised. It was never more than a feeling, but I always suspected Manning was a huge jerk, and what you see on tv is just an image.

When I lived in Indy right after he was drafted he always had a reputation as a nice guy... And he gave millions and millions of $$ to the Children's Hospital...

But if Manning is as good at protecting his public image as the story suggests then I'm not surprised he was successful in doing that in Indy..

Back