Johnny Davis in the NBA

Out hurt for the next 1-2 weeks so will miss start of the season. Plus seems he's buried on depth chart. Got to wonder if he might end up getting traded and could use a fresh start to a team that will give him playing time.

Poor Johnny getting destroyed on X for his poor shooting. Washington will probably try to trade him for a half eaten bag of chips in th off-season.

Poor Johnny getting destroyed on X for his poor shooting. Washington will probably try to trade him for a half eaten bag of chips in th off-season.
He wasn't in the slightest bit prepared to play the physical NBA game. To me, that was one of the shortcomings that Gard has always had. He has failed to understand that basketball is really a contact sport. Kids just aren't prepared to take the punishment in the NBA, when they come from Wisconsin.

Like I've said, ad nauseam, adding players who play physically is the only thing that powers the Badgers now. With guys like Edey banging on you from opening whistle to the end, the finesse game is a thing of the past. Either evolve or die.

What I enjoy seeing with the Badgers now is Crowl is even beginning to understand the way he has to play. He's working towards having one heck of a year next year, and watching Chucky start to slash to the basket, it's fantastic. He's beginning to play just like Blackwell, when it comes to getting into the paint.

To be honest, last year I thought Essegian brought a decent game to the Badgers, but he's a finesse player, not someone who thrives under contact. As much as I liked him, he's odd man out to me now. Despite him saying differently, I think he's a portal candidate at the end of the year. There are places he'd fit better. As the year progressed, I wanted to see less of him on the court, because he just doesn't fit the mold of a banger on the boards. But, he has worked his butt off trying to get better, and it does show.

Back