John Madden Tribute

Jan 3rd All Madden which aired on Christmas Day on FOX will be able to be streamed.

There was nobody before him, and will be nobody after him. He was one of a kind, a legend. He was the man that promoted Lambeau Field as a shrine to football, and told people they had to go there. He may not have been directly associated with the Packers, but he was one of the biggest supporters they've had in history.

As Packer fans, we lost a great friend.

Sad thing is there is a whole generation that only know Madden as a game nothing more. He was retired as a coach before I was even born and my memories of him and Pat as announcers with FOX.

May he rest in peace

Thanks so much for sharing this Mark.

Madden, like Lombardi, elevated the game of football in the consciousness's of people even if they weren't really fans of the game, because their "presence" transcended the game and made them larger than life.
Vince did his work primarily on the field.
Madden did his work both on the field and in the booth.
The game of football, tonight, has a hole in it's heart.
RIP Mr. Madden

Thanks so much for sharing this Mark.

Madden, like Lombardi, elevated the game of football in the consciousness's of people even if they weren't really fans of the game, because their "presence" transcended the game and made them larger than life.
Vince did his work primarily on the field.
Madden did his work both on the field and in the booth.
The game of football, tonight, has a hole in it's heart.
RIP Mr. Madden
This is awesome danno! I've always liked Matt Millen doing broadcasts. Sort of a poor man's Madden. Madden is a true legend.

What a shock. Like probably everyone else was my fav announcer and a pretty dang good coach too!

RIP Mr. Madden :(

Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones: “I am not aware of anyone who has made a more meaningful impact on the National Football League than John Madden, and I know of no one who loved the game more.”

Back