Jeff Janis in position to maintain kickoff return job against Lions

well, they gave him his big shot last night. one target on a sideline route where he had beaten his man but aaron overthrew him by just a smidgeon. that was early in the first quarter. never threw another ball his way.

Watched that route a couple times. Janis actually slowed down to track the ball and he wound up a step behind it. If he doesn't stop I think he winds up right under where Aaron put it. Part of the learning process.

rp . . . that's what I saw as well. I'm no expert, but I'm not so sure AR did overthrow him. Janis did appear to slow down a bit at the end of the route. I think he has trouble tracking the long ball in the air which kind of negates some of the value of having him running those routes. Until he proves he can track them and catch them teams will continue to single cover him and allocate the safeties to something/someone else.

Watched that route a couple times. Janis actually slowed down to track the ball and he wound up a step behind it. If he doesn't stop I think he winds up right under where Aaron put it. Part of the learning process.
yes, i thought i saw the same thing. i still would have given him another shot at some point.

Maybe MM can install a package where AR comes out for a play and Tolzien tosses one deep to Janis. He seems to be the only one who can connect with him on those throws.

EDIT: sarcasm folks!

Last edited:
Back