Jay Bilas Top 68 Hoops Teams—-Perspective

Badgers now 2-8 (0-6 in Big Ten play) when Bo Boroski officiates the game.

The two wins? Vs. UW-Green Bay and Rhode Island

Gard went off on officials today about the Davison call.

I like that he's defending his players, but being honest, Davison made his own bed and his history is why he doesn't get any breaks

Gard went off on officials today about the Davison call.

I like that he's defending his players, but being honest, Davison made his own bed and his history is why he doesn't get any breaks
Sorry not buying that 100%. I get that he is a “target” but his rep was flops not the “hook and hold”. And the call that impacted the game more was a phantom call on Trice also. Does not excuse Borowski at all

Sorry not buying that 100%. I get that he is a “target” but his rep was flops not the “hook and hold”. And the call that impacted the game more was a phantom call on Trice also. Does not excuse Borowski at all
Hopefully B1G sees how bad he was and decides to give him his walking papers after the B1G tourney.

Just for fun >>> Without Borowski UW out attempted their opponents 287 to 231 at the line. When he officiated opponents led 197-136

I disagree. He is a target. He has been for three years. I've said it, and so have others, for the last three years. The hook they called on him yesterday was pretty much the last straw as far as Gard was concerned. It had to be addressed, and he did it well. If he's suspended, the school fined, and/or reprimand, he should tell the Big 10 to stick their reprimand up their posterior.

Davison came into the game and was nearly beaten to death his first year, and he was tough enough to take it. He took charges, he had his shoulder dislocated, and still continued to play. He got a reputation of being tough enough to take anything thrown at him, and they talked about him being a football player on the court, inasmuch as he could take the pounding, and had, as a HS QB in football.

The majority of people watching the game, and broadcasting, admired what he could do. That included knowing how to position himself in driving lanes on the court, to stop guys who knew how to drive to the basket, from having an open run. He knew the rules, and he'd set his blocks up outside the arc that eliminates the charge.

Davison was chosen as the scapegoat for what I saw as damned good defensive basketball. He stopped guys from getting easy shots. But, the whole idea in basketball keeps moving more and more to scoring only, and if anyone dares to play aggressive defense, just call a foul.

What happened yesterday was a show of one official who under no circumstances should ever be allowed on the court again. He's had a personal mission of scapegoating one player for years now, and that is not how the job should be done.

This real problem is that Wisconsin's defense over the years has been stifling, and Davison was a big part of it. The scoring machines from other teams were getting shut down, and everyone knows that offense sells the game, not a tenacious defense. Through officiating, they've done what teams can't. They've weakened Wisconsin's defense.

So, yes. Davison should get another year with the Badgers, if he wants. A year where they quit scapegoating him. A year where he can show what he can do, just like the promise he showed in his freshman year.

I disagree. He is a target. He has been for three years. I've said it, and so have others, for the last three years. The hook they called on him yesterday was pretty much the last straw as far as Gard was concerned. It had to be addressed, and he did it well. If he's suspended, the school fined, and/or reprimand, he should tell the Big 10 to stick their reprimand up their posterior.

Davison came into the game and was nearly beaten to death his first year, and he was tough enough to take it. He took charges, he had his shoulder dislocated, and still continued to play. He got a reputation of being tough enough to take anything thrown at him, and they talked about him being a football player on the court, inasmuch as he could take the pounding, and had, as a HS QB in football.

The majority of people watching the game, and broadcasting, admired what he could do. That included knowing how to position himself in driving lanes on the court, to stop guys who knew how to drive to the basket, from having an open run. He knew the rules, and he'd set his blocks up outside the arc that eliminates the charge.

Davison was chosen as the scapegoat for what I saw as damned good defensive basketball. He stopped guys from getting easy shots. But, the whole idea in basketball keeps moving more and more to scoring only, and if anyone dares to play aggressive defense, just call a foul.

What happened yesterday was a show of one official who under no circumstances should ever be allowed on the court again. He's had a personal mission of scapegoating one player for years now, and that is not how the job should be done.

This real problem is that Wisconsin's defense over the years has been stifling, and Davison was a big part of it. The scoring machines from other teams were getting shut down, and everyone knows that offense sells the game, not a tenacious defense. Through officiating, they've done what teams can't. They've weakened Wisconsin's defense.

So, yes. Davison should get another year with the Badgers, if he wants. A year where they quit scapegoating him. A year where he can show what he can do, just like the promise he showed in his freshman year.
The entire “hook & hold” rule is a 2020-2021 season issue. And honestly if you watch other conferences they have the same issue. It’s not called consistently and interpreted differently also. As I said that does not excuse Borowski at all.

As to flopping we can agree to disagree. I go back to the B1G / ACC challenge game vs NC State in Madison and he basically won the game taking 2 “charges” late and things like that you have to live with it, adjust and play thru because like it or not your going to have a rep. I’ve said it more than once, he worries to much about the calls and it’s impacting his overall play.

In don’t think it’s any conspiracy theory about offense vs defense. The reasons UW defense has been lax at times, let’s blame Potter for at times getting lost playing help side defense, or Reuvers getting pushed from Madison to Beloit in the paint, or Ford not understanding how to front the post. Hell if it’s a conspiracy Wahl should have 3 fouls by the first media time out the way he plays. Davison still plays great defense it’s the damn “hook and hold” issue.

And one more point. The Hook & hold on Davison is getting for attention but too me other calls stood out more
- The “charge “ on Davis was horrible. Garza shifted. And that was the 2nd on Davis and took him to the bench
- Bohannon clearly pushed Trice on the step back 3, no call
- The 5th personal on Trice was a joke. And right in front of Borowski. The 4th was ticky tack also.

Davison also got it with a hook & hold @ Illinois that was border line but the right call.

The issues with officiating clearly fall on Borowski. The numbers tell the story

Back