Jahcobi Neath

TW

Reaction score
After two years of being low on the pecking order of point guards on Wake Forest, Jahcobi entered the transfer portal, and will be attending Wisconsin. Not a world shaking thing for the Badgers, that I can see.

It makes me wonder about some of the commitments they have.

After two years of being low on the pecking order of point guards on Wake Forest, Jahcobi entered the transfer portal, and will be attending Wisconsin. Not a world shaking thing for the Badgers, that I can see.

It makes me wonder about some of the commitments they have.
He’s depth, that’s it. I figured they would add one from the portal considering Anderson, Trice are gone. Only true point on roster is Hepburn. Bowman and Davison are more combo guards

Reactions: TW
Just doing a little background, the kid was pretty good as a freshman, shot 48% from 3. Can create his own shot which has been an issue for UW as of late. Still leaves one open scholarship for 2021-22 by my count so it makes sense

It is possible he could have a break out year. Maybe they see something about him that makes him special. I don't know what yet, but it does give some veteran leadership.

It is possible he could have a break out year. Maybe they see something about him that makes him special. I don't know what yet, but it does give some veteran leadership.
Yeah it looks like a fit on paper. He played really well as a freshman under Danny Manning, new coach came in and just not a fit.

Kinda surprised they took a guy with 2 years left as it impacts scholarship availability for 2022. He seems like he has some ability and should be able to contribute right away and maybe even start if needed. Likely he gets some decent minutes unless Hepburn is just lights out from the get go.

I did a scholly count as well and I think they have 1 for 2021. Kinda hope they don't fill it unless it's for a 1-yr guy. Here's my count for the 2021-22 season:

Seniors - none. (Higginbottom and Hamilton are walk-ons).
Juniors - Wahl, Neath
Sophs - Bowman, Crowl, Carlson, Davis, Davis, Gilmore
Frosh - Hepburn, Mors, Hodges, Ilver

If they add nothing else, or a senior transfer, they have 1 for 2022, anything else and it's 0. Either way it hamstrings them for '22 for recruiting. Plus, that 6 count for 2024 almost never gets filled leaving you short, or tempting the coach to give out late offers for marginal players, allowing the cycle to repeat again. I'm not a fan of these unbalance classes.

I’m assuming 1 is there for Baldwin for 2021 but that’s at best a long shot. 2022 Trimble is the main target since Huliburt is already off to Colorado. Not so concerned about the cycle with the portal in place. The big reason that class was marginal is we lost Herro, a late decommit and Hauser which in itself was mess. One quite / thought, Ilver will redshirt so helps a bit.

Last edited:
In two years, we're going to see just how good the chemistry is with these players. I have high hopes. I think Gard has also finally gotten rid of the "Mr. Nice Guy" image that shows like weakness. His standing up for Davison, and making the league take notice on Borowski sent a message that he's got the players' backs, and isn't going to be anybody's punching bag.

I like the new "hard ass" style to be honest. That's what I always saw with Bo Ryan.

In two years, we're going to see just how good the chemistry is with these players. I have high hopes. I think Gard has also finally gotten rid of the "Mr. Nice Guy" image that shows like weakness. His standing up for Davison, and making the league take notice on Borowski sent a message that he's got the players' backs, and isn't going to be anybody's punching bag.

I like the new "hard ass" style to be honest. That's what I always saw with Bo Ryan.
Actually Ryan was not real a real vocal coach in the locker room. They had a interview with Dekker and he basically said Bo was low key. His actions were a bit opposite. I remember Dekker taking a bad shot more than once and he pulled his ass off the court and sat him. Now Bo worked the officiating a bit more on the sidelines.

Actually Ryan was not real a real vocal coach in the locker room. They had a interview with Dekker and he basically said Bo was low key. His actions were a bit opposite. I remember Dekker taking a bad shot more than once and he pulled his ass off the court and sat him. Now Bo worked the officiating a bit more on the sidelines.
That's what I was referring to. He was vocal with officials, to insure his team wasn't being hammered.

Back