Jace Sternberger says Rodgers called an audible from 2014

Forget about another team giving him that power.... WTH are you doing checking to a play from 2014 when most of your guys weren't even on the team?? Also if you're not completely committed to ML playbook then yeah folks we have a problem!
Agree. Also I do remember one time Rodgers screaming at Sternberger when he was lined up wrong and could pretty much read the body language telling him to get off the damm field.

Also, IMO, this is why Love was drafted.
Just as Shanny controls what play the QB can run, so too ML wants a QB who will run his play that he calls.
12 goes off-script more than we have been lead to believe. And I think that’s a point of contention with ML.
Yep and this is why I think ML did have a say in drafting Love. ML wants a QB who will run his offense and the play he calls to a tee and not go cowboy doing what he wants to do.

Yep and this is why I think ML did have a say in drafting Love. ML wants a QB who will run his offense and the play he calls to a tee and not go cowboy doing what he wants to do.
Considering that while Arod has been good at putting up stats during the regular season he has not been the difference in getting GB past the NFCC game. So, why keep him (besides the contract thing) if he is a prima Donna who won't buy into ML system? Love doesn't have to be Arod, he just has to be able to run ML system and not screw up too badly.

Arod isn't getting you to a SB so IMHO cut ties and move on post June 1.

Now if Arod was going rogue and winning SB that'd be one thing. But he isn't. So cost benefit analysis says....

Considering that while Arod has been good at putting up stats during the regular season he has not been the difference in getting GB past the NFCC game. So, why keep him (besides the contract thing) if he is a prima Donna who won't buy into ML system? Love doesn't have to be Arod, he just has to be able to run ML system and not screw up too badly.

Arod isn't getting you to a SB so IMHO cut ties and move on post June 1.

Now if Arod was going rogue and winning SB that'd be one thing. But he isn't. So cost benefit analysis says....
It’s a bit of the “if you can’t win it with him why keep him “ and I get that. At this point the distraction outweighs the benefit. Am I sold on Love ? But i was not sold on Rodgers and Favre early either. I trust this staff to adjust and put Love in a position to win. Can he ? Don’t know

This offense under ML is not as QB dependant as it was under MM. Look at SF if you can build up a good running game your QB will just be there to help keep the defense honest.

This offense under ML is not as QB dependant as it was under MM. Look at SF if you can build up a good running game your QB will just be there to help keep the defense honest.
That’s over simplifying it. You don’t trade up to #3 If it’s that simple. Now what the QB skills set yeah that matters. You need the right QB to run your system

On 3rd and long against a good D, your offense is QB dependent.

As far as scheme goes, Rodgers wants to go back to the 2011 days. He wants the team built with multiple WR, he wants to run 11 personnel 80% of the time and he wants to call/run the plays on his own. Gimme my WR, my TE and my RB and get out of the way. After MM was fired he and his camp flat out advocated for it. No matter how much success MLs system can offer him, it’s the principle. He doesn’t like it.

As far as scheme goes, Rodgers wants to go back to the 2011 days. He wants the team built with multiple WR, he wants to run 11 personnel 80% of the time and he wants to call/run the plays on his own. Gimme my WR, my TE and my RB and get out of the way. After MM was fired he and his camp flat out advocated for it. No matter how much success MLs system can offer him, it’s the principle. He doesn’t like it.
Because he believes he’s the smartest person in the NFL

Because he believes he’s the smartest person in the NFL
He believes he is smart enough and skilled enough to do it, and he’s right. The issue is that come playoff time, you run into scheme and matchup issues unless your guys are perfect. And when you throw a lot, if you hold the ball a lot as well you’re gonna get dinged, which we saw from Rodgers multiple times.

Yep part if it also goes into Rodgers stats more passing better his stats look and Rodgers is a stat junky for himself

Back