Is the Packers defense for real?

Sorry Nerd. I can't agree with that.

You cannot give up 160 plus yards on the ground the last 3 games and say this D is good enough to win. At least for the long hall. The O and AR played well enough to win. They scored 27 points and if we do not have the TD drops, they score at least 34. If your D is giving up 34 points in a game, your D played like crap. I understand they were put in a couple of short field situations but they need to make those stops as well. Example the Wentz sneak that I mentioned above.

It will be interesting as we get into the tougher part of our schedule.

The defense is opportunistic. It is not dominant. It's better than last year, but not much. We tackle very poorly. Pass defense has been pretty good, but we'll see what continues regarding the run game. If we have to make too many changes to stop the run, how bad will it affect the pass defense?

Sunday will show us a lot

It’s not just the run defense.
This defense struggles with coverage of RB’s and TE’s as well.

Double whammy this week.

Good RB who can also catch, and an efficient, savvy old veteran TE.

The defense is opportunistic. It is not dominant. It's better than last year, but not much. We tackle very poorly. Pass defense has been pretty good, but we'll see what continues regarding the run game. If we have to make too many changes to stop the run, how bad will it affect the pass defense?

Sunday will show us a lot
Tackling may be a bit better this year, and we've got a bit more speed it appears. But right now, if we can't stop the run then a good offense will keep this defense guessing which makes it even tougher on them. We need more than Blake Martinez to stop the run.

Back