Is Rodgers Responsible for Team Woes?

Here is a similar article about Lewis and his comments on Rodgers changing the play. This one has more details or info though to. Mainly the part where it says Rodgers has the green light to change the call on the field as he sees fit. So in reality, he didn't do anything he wasn't allowed to do. I still think this is being blasted way out of proportion.

https://totalpackers.com/2019/01/marcedes-lewis-rodgers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also, as I mentioned in another post, how does Lewis or any other player outside of Rodgers & Mc Carthy even know what the original call was?
Interesting article but it looks like the author of the article is supposing that AR has the green light to change plays as he sees fit. Is that what he's been told by a player, coach, front office?

And on the flip side, if it was so hard for MM to get into a rhythm, then why not revoke his green light ability?

Here is a similar article about Lewis and his comments on Rodgers changing the play. This one has more details or info though to. Mainly the part where it says Rodgers has the green light to change the call on the field as he sees fit. So in reality, he didn't do anything he wasn't allowed to do. I still think this is being blasted way out of proportion.

https://totalpackers.com/2019/01/marcedes-lewis-rodgers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also, as I mentioned in another post, how does Lewis or any other player outside of Rodgers & Mc Carthy even know what the original call was?

I would assume the OC, back up QB, and other coaches are kept in the loop because each play requires personnel changes on the field. That doesn't happen if the coaching staff isn't totally informed of at least the personnel needed on the field, and from that, it's pretty much being able to draw a conclusion as to which plays they see are and are not working.

I doubt anyone involved with coaching on offense isn't aware of pretty much what each call actually is, and the options off of it. Since they start with a basic set on the field, then shift, to see how the defense reacts, you can pretty much see that the second position they are in fits the call, and if there is an additional set, or reset, if you prefer, that's Rodgers changing the call.

Back