Is Rodgers Responsible for Team Woes?

This statement was a bit different then the way he said the entire thing though. His entire statement was about team.

Favre took a lot heat too. And there were times when he shouldn't have played but did. And back then we had quality back ups at qb.

The difference here is that Favre speaking in public referred to coaches and pounded in pulpit in private

Example of said problem that's causing a lot of the perception is today's statement ~

First off Aaron, Leadership is about handling this question with tact.... it's NOT about you or what you want. This answer makes him look guilty as hell in what coaches and other players have accused him of being.... a selfish overbearing diva.

The medical staff and HC should decide who plays in GB. Not the fans..... not each player and not Murphy or Gute. Just say simply "Those things are out of my hands but I am hoping to start and play" Short and sweet.

I'd expect him to want to play and be angry if he's sat down. I'd also expect him to be a professional and understand when the organization makes the obvious move and sits him because it's in the best interest for him and the future of the organization.

This shouldn't even be a discussion if you're Gute.

I'd expect him to want to play and be angry if he's sat down. I'd also expect him to be a professional and understand when the organization makes the obvious move and sits him because it's in the best interest for him and the future of the organization.

This shouldn't even be a discussion if you're Gute.

Yeah. I think that's my stance too. I mean what is there to gain? Few extra snaps with the younger guys? Okay. Leadership? Eh, show that from the sideline. Help coach em up.

Yeah. I think that's my stance too. I mean what is there to gain? Few extra snaps with the younger guys? Okay. Leadership? Eh, show that from the sideline. Help coach em up.
I'm in 100% agreement with this as well. I would expect him to want to play, but I think the HC and GM would like to give the backups some playing time also over these last 2 games. Maybe Aaron starts against the Jets . . . and then they shut him down.

My thoughts - like most issues, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
1) I don't think a major rebuild is needed, but there are a handful of positions that need to be upgraded. If you look at teams around the league, and if you've been watching the top teams recently, many of them have shown areas of weakness as well. We may not be the most talented team in the league, but we are not devoid of talent. Which leads to . .
2) It appears that we haven't hit as well in recent drafts, as we did in the past. I know teams always put a lot of time into the draft (obviously we are no exception), but with 2 first round selections in 2019 we HAVE to make them count. Our coaches and management (front office) obviously are well aware of where the talent need is - more so than us fans.
3) Relative to talent level, it's also quite obvious from recent games that our coaching had gotten stale. We've been grumbling for a couple of years now how we can't get receivers open; we've been running the same offense for so long, that teams know how to defend us. Seems like I also heard that MM had his fingers on how the defense was going to be schemed with extra d-backs . . . my point is, I have doubts that our coaching staff has been able to get the best out of our recent selections - so not sure we know how good/bad some of them really are.
4) Aaron Rodgers. I'm sure he's well aware that he has not played up to expectations this year - and has made some poor decisions. He has not developed good chemistry with the rookie WR's; and you can see the frustration on his face after every missed throw (regardless of fault). He needs to get better at not showing those emotions all the time. Another thing with this chemistry - another issue I had with MM is that he gave AR a very, very light workload in training camp (and preseason), and concentrated on trying to develop the backups (because he thought the veterans didn't need it). Every year we start out slow . . . and this year once Cobb and Allison got hurt . . . he only had Adams. So . . . I guess I'm saying MM is part of the cause of Aaron's issues. But if Aaron is the consumate professional, and "best QB in the league", he needs to be better. Period.

Agree with all of this.

Especially:
1) The "chunk play" offensive strategy.
2) Trying to put square pegs in round holes.

No matter what we all think, I'm not certain any of us are right in what direction the Packers are heading from a coach/front office perspective. When the President of the club becomes the micro-manager of all things happening, it creates chaos, as everyone below him starts fighting for "face time" with the boss.

I doubt much good will come from where they stand now, and it could all be addressed immediately, if the Board of Directors simply tells Murphy he has to step back from the football operations, and give someone control of that facet of the business.

Will it happen? I have no idea.

Regardless of whether he comes back to form or not, it's pretty clear that we're passed the point where we could claim this team gets 8-9 wins per year solely on the arm of #12

Well, after the Jets game it proves this is not soley on AR. AR had his best game of the year. 70% completion rate, 2 passing TD's, and 2 rushing TD's. But we barely won and only won because the Jets had 15 penalties.

This ST's is a mess and the D is still average at best. I posted this in the other thread. Our D may be 6th in passing yardage on D but we give up a 96 passer rating. That can be because of pass rush and giving up big pass plays but it's also because we do not have any d-backs that are ball hawks at this point. 6 INTS all year and 3 were from Dix who is not with the team anymore. Major issues that needs to be taken care of, including O-line.

Regardless of whether he comes back to form or not, it's pretty clear that we're passed the point where we could claim this team gets 8-9 wins per year solely on the arm of #12
TT built this team to be just good enough for Arods 8-9 wins to win an often mediocre division. But you are 100% spot on about Arod not being able to get you those wins anymore.

Back