I'm bored and we have two 1st round picks.....Draft sim 2019

Little different approach. Traded down for Little and up for Polite.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13 (DEN): Little, Greg, OT, Mississippi (A)
Round 1 Pick 20 (TENN): Polite, Jachai, DE, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 10: Ferguson, Jaylon, DE, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 3 Pick 12 (DEN): Rapp, Taylor, SS, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 11: Snell Jr, Benny, RB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Mack, Alize, TE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Willis III, Gerald, DT, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Quarterman, Shaquille, ILB, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11: Adderley, Nassir, CB, Delaware (A+)

Traded down twice in the first round, never losing site of my target- Polite.
Loaded up on linemen, 2 defensive and 3 offensive. Grabbed my scat back and young pass catching TE.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 17 (WASH): Polite, Jachai, DE, Florida (A)
Round 1 Pick 32: Wilkins, Christian, DT, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Ford, Cody, OG, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 15 (CLE): Abram, Johnathan, FS, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 17 (WASH): Smith Jr, Irv, TE, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 10: Love, Bryce, RB, Stanford (A+)
Round 3 Pick 16 (WASH): Ferguson, Jaylon, DE, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 11: Biadasz, Tyler, C, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Scharping, Max, OT, Northern Illinois (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Willis III, Gerald, DT, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11: Tranquill, Drue, OLB, Notre Dame (A)

11: R1P11 OT JONAH WILLIAMS ALABAMA - Hold down the right side, and a good replacement if BAK gets hurt.
32: R1P32 EDGE MONTEZ SWEAT MISSISSIPPI STATE - Allows you resign or cut CM
43: R2P11 WR A.J. BROWN MISSISSIPPI - Mid season could be #2 WR
74: R3P10 G BEAU BENZSCHAWEL WISCONSIN - Depth on the OL
113: R4P11 LB TREVON CONEY NOTRE DAME - Could be starter in the middle
118: R4P16 TE ALIZE MACK NOTRE DAME - Start to rebuild this position
150: R5P11 RB DAVID MONTGOMERY IOWA STATE - Quality Depth that will get playing time
186: R6P11 S LUKAS DENIS BOSTON COLLEGE - Fast enough and good size, potential to start by first year
196: R6P21 DL ANTHONY NELSON IOWA - Depth
227: R7P11 CB BLACE BROWN TROY - Quality Depth that can make the 53 man team.

I feel its a bit hard to draft not knowing our defensive and offensive schemes. Great players are always welcome.

So would it be crazy if Packers go Edge, and guard/tackle with the next 2 picks? Fix the OL hopefully for next several years by getting your RG and RT you can play for next 10 years?

if its the best players on the board sure. I don't want to reach for positions and damn sure not for a guard spot. Im not against going edge edge if the guy is there. We need to get better all around. Get good football players and move forward

So would it be crazy if Packers go Edge, and guard/tackle with the next 2 picks? Fix the OL hopefully for next several years by getting your RG and RT you can play for next 10 years?
I'm old school. Every play starts at the line - I think our Offensive Line needs a few tweaks and some depth, and we need a good edge guy to put more heat on QB's.

Could you do that ? Yes Smart ? Not Really Your core skill guys are up in that range. You can get solid OL in round 4

Follow the money… The packers should have three picks in the top 50 this spring, and three picks between 70 and 140. If we are looking at the Franchise numbers, picking a kicker would not be a wise choose for one of these picks, based on market value. So at what financial point do you say that these position selection are good value, and having a team of 53 QB is not good value either.

Quarterback: Franchise $23.189M
Defensive end: Franchise $17.143M
Wide receiver: $15.982M
Cornerback: Franchise $14.975M
Linebacker: $14.961M
Offensive line: Franchise $14.077M
Defensive tackle: Franchise $13.939M
Running back: Franchise $11.866M
Safety: Franchise $11.287M
Tight end: Franchise $9.846M
Kicker/punter: Franchise $4.939M

I am bring the $$ into the conversation because I see TE mocked in the first round and that seems like buying a tricked out Ford Fiesta ST and for the same price (WR) you could have gotten an Audi A3.

With that mental image, I would think, QB 1st round, DE/OLB 1 & 2 round, WR, 2 to 3 round, CB and LB 3 to 4, OL and DT 4 to 5 round, RB and S 5 to 6 round, TE 6 to 7, K/P FA. Always an exception where external and internal factors can cause positions to have more or less value during draft day.

So how would you break down position value to round selected? and With first three picks what positions would you target for the Packers and for the next three selection what positions do you target?

Mine first three picks (1st and 2nd round) in 2019 are potential two DE/OLB and a WR maybe a CB or a OL
Next three picks (3rd and 4th round) in 2019 are CB/LB/OL/DT/S

Follow the money… The packers should have three picks in the top 50 this spring, and three picks between 70 and 140. If we are looking at the Franchise numbers, picking a kicker would not be a wise choose for one of these picks, based on market value. So at what financial point do you say that these position selection are good value, and having a team of 53 QB is not good value either.

Quarterback: Franchise $23.189M
Defensive end: Franchise $17.143M
Wide receiver: $15.982M
Cornerback: Franchise $14.975M
Linebacker: $14.961M
Offensive line: Franchise $14.077M
Defensive tackle: Franchise $13.939M
Running back: Franchise $11.866M
Safety: Franchise $11.287M
Tight end: Franchise $9.846M
Kicker/punter: Franchise $4.939M

I am bring the $$ into the conversation because I see TE mocked in the first round and that seems like buying a tricked out Ford Fiesta ST and for the same price (WR) you could have gotten an Audi A3.

With that mental image, I would think, QB 1st round, DE/OLB 1 & 2 round, WR, 2 to 3 round, CB and LB 3 to 4, OL and DT 4 to 5 round, RB and S 5 to 6 round, TE 6 to 7, K/P FA. Always an exception where external and internal factors can cause positions to have more or less value during draft day.

So how would you break down position value to round selected? and With first three picks what positions would you target for the Packers and for the next three selection what positions do you target?

Mine first three picks (1st and 2nd round) in 2019 are potential two DE/OLB and a WR maybe a CB or a OL
Next three picks (3rd and 4th round) in 2019 are CB/LB/OL/DT/S

You are looking at franchise tag numbers that won't be relevant for 4-5 years if relevant at all

Back