I'd trade down

I was referring to this year and at the top of the draft (Rounds 1-3). Just don’t see a lot of movement

i realize that you were referring to this year. i don't know why there would be a big difference between last year and this year. last year there were trades that impacted 51 of the slots in the first three rounds. and yes, many of those trades were made prior to the draft. and for the record, i was a little surprised that there were this many trades of draft picks.

So all the great defensive players were gone including White, Bush, Oliver, and both OT's. You can still get some great players without trading down. Especially, since we need OL. Remember, ML likes to run the ball. Will be interesting....

Your score is: 29385 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 12: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St. (A)
Round 1 Pick 30: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa (A+)
Round 2 Pick 12: Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11: Amani Hooker, FS/SS, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12: Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 12: Ed Alexander, DT, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 12: Andrew Van Ginkel, OLB, Wisconsin (A+)

Last edited:
So all the great defensive players were gone including White, Bush, Oliver, and both OT's. You can still get some great players without trading down. Especially, since we need OL. Remember, ML likes to run the ball. Will be interesting....

Your score is: 29385 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 12: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St. (A)
Round 1 Pick 30: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa (A+)
Round 2 Pick 12: Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11: Amani Hooker, FS/SS, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12: Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 12: Ed Alexander, DT, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 12: Andrew Van Ginkel, OLB, Wisconsin (A+)

Lindstrom gets an A-? At #44.
Sometimes I don’t understand these drafting playtoys.
A player who’s likely a day 1 starter for almost any team, who gets picked at #44, and still rates an A-.
These programs have no credibility with me.

Great draft CB!
I just don’t get how these programs score things?

So ESPN article had were every pick gets traded. One I liked one I did not like

One I did not like was Packers trading 12 and 30 and 5th rounder to Washington for 15 a 3rd and 2020 1st round pick. IMO you never know will Washington be a awful team or will they be a fringe wildcard team? If Washinton makes playoffs the trade is bad one for GB now if you think Washington will be awful and pick top 10 it could be a so-so trade then.

One I liked was trading 30 and 5th rounder for Jacksonville's 2nd this year and 2nd round in 2020. I would be willing to move down 8 spots and give up a 5th to gain a future 2nd.

Not in the draft. Plus, quit trying to emulate the Pats unless you hire the Best Coach of our generation- Bill Belichek. Their draft record is very similar to TT's. It's how they build their roster with Free Agency that sets them apart.
The Pats draft very well. But they don't give many guys big second contracts.

But yes to your point about FA. They are masters at using it to their advantage

Back