How many wins without Rodgers?

How Many wins in 2018 without Rodgers at QB?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.6%

Votes: 3 10.7%

Votes: 9 32.1%

Votes: 8 28.6%

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have some damn confidence people.

I thought I was showing confidence with my 3 game win guesstimate?!?! rofl(

In all seriousness you make some good points but, in this poll scenario, I can just as easily say that no defensive improvement would garner the same result as last year when Hundley was at the helm. I'm pumped about Pettine too but there's no guarantee of improvement on that side of the ball. For this poll scenario though, I guess we can always hope and wish for the best case.

I thought I was showing confidence with my 3 game win guesstimate?!?! rofl(

laughing-smiley-face.gif

I went with 4, but I think we'll know more in another couple of months.
- has the defense risen above awful to at least mediocre?
- are any of the rookie WRs any good? If not, the offense will struggle when Adams a Cobb miss games.
- is Kizer better than Hundley? If Hundley is the starter we may not even win 4.
- have they found a right side for the O-Line? If not, they'll have a tough time getting much done no matter the QB.

I agree. Really need to see some of these guys in camp and or preseason to get any feel for how they will look.

I went with 10. First of all, defensive improvement wins us an extra 4-5 games right there. I mean between Randall and Dix, guys weren't even showing up last year. Especially the last couple games, they were essential exhibition games.

Now many people are skeptical of Hundley. But RECALL. He played very well against the Steelers, he just got Roethlisberger'd at the end, Big Ben personally pulled that game out of his ass. THAT is what cost us the playoffs.

Hundley played MUCH BETTER on the road than he did at home, and he consistently under threw guys. That means he's still thinking too much, which is what Mike teaches his QBs. Mike teaches out of a textbook, from a third person perspective. Aaron was able to take that to a first person perspective because of all the shit he had to eat at the behest of Bert Favor. He was obsessed with success. Hopefully Kizer will have some of that.

Kizer has much more anticipation than Hundley, and is less likely to be playing scared. He will know when the WR is gonna make his break and place the ball there ahead of time. He will throw guys open. But there is a learning curve. The 3-5-7 step drops, footwork and throwing mechanics are all woven into the offense vis a vis intended target on the specific play called, so the QB can go through his progression with timing and hit his guys in rythmn. That's what he's gotta work on, and the accuracy will come from that.

However even out of the gate, if need be, I do believe just with his experience and confidence, he will be playing much less scared than Hundley, and so will be an upgrade.

We also have upgraded our TE position. RBs have a year of experience. All these scrub WRs have a year in the system too. "Veterans." Have some damn confidence people.
if McCarthy can win 10 games with Hundley forget naming a street after him, just petition to rename the stadium.

I went with 10. First of all, defensive improvement wins us an extra 4-5 games right there. I mean between Randall and Dix, guys weren't even showing up last year. Especially the last couple games, they were essential exhibition games.

Now many people are skeptical of Hundley. But RECALL. He played very well against the Steelers, he just got Roethlisberger'd at the end, Big Ben personally pulled that game out of his ass. THAT is what cost us the playoffs.

Hundley played MUCH BETTER on the road than he did at home, and he consistently under threw guys. That means he's still thinking too much, which is what Mike teaches his QBs. Mike teaches out of a textbook, from a third person perspective. Aaron was able to take that to a first person perspective because of all the shit he had to eat at the behest of Bert Favor. He was obsessed with success. Hopefully Kizer will have some of that.

Kizer has much more anticipation than Hundley, and is less likely to be playing scared. He will know when the WR is gonna make his break and place the ball there ahead of time. He will throw guys open. But there is a learning curve. The 3-5-7 step drops, footwork and throwing mechanics are all woven into the offense vis a vis intended target on the specific play called, so the QB can go through his progression with timing and hit his guys in rythmn. That's what he's gotta work on, and the accuracy will come from that.

However even out of the gate, if need be, I do believe just with his experience and confidence, he will be playing much less scared than Hundley, and so will be an upgrade.

We also have upgraded our TE position. RBs have a year of experience. All these scrub WRs have a year in the system too. "Veterans." Have some damn confidence people.
I too went with 10 wins. But in retrospect I think TW meant Packer wins and not opposition wins. sh))

Reactions: ski
We proved something to ourselves with this exercise. We've shown that only 1 in 28 people believes we can even win 8 games. It shows just how much we - as Packer fans - have come to recognize that Rodgers is the key to any success the Packers even possibly have.

It also shows that there is absolutely no trust in any phase of the Packer game, offense or defense, that would inspire us to even think they are playoff material without him. When you think about it, that's pretty darned scary. We have been reduced to one player being the entire present and future, and quite honestly, Rodgers is pretty much in tune with that fact himself.

Where does the Packers brain trust go from here? What is their intent? Bringing in Graham and Mo is nice, but can we honestly say that either of them even resembles in stature the signing of someone like Woodson, who brought the defense together because of his superb play, and understanding of the game? He was the force that made the Capers defense work, but only because he was given some help with guys like Matthews, who could make plays. On offense, we had some solid receivers, experience, and an offensive line that knew how to both pass and run block. That's something that seems to be lacking way too often in newbies on the offensive line. It's like colleges either throw the ball or run the ball, and the majority of linemen they turn out are one-dimensional. I will say one exception on that though, call me a homer if you want, but it's the University of Wisconsin, where they constantly try to find a passing game and insist that offensive linemen learn how to block for both passing and running games, as the needs apply.

To me, this is a pivotal year. The Packers need to prove that there is actually life in the team, if Rodgers is gone for any reason. We don't know what the future holds with him, and they need to prepare for anything that comes along, and make themselves capable of dealing with it.

Great input everyone. I think you showed us all exactly what the Packers are without Rodgers.

I think this forum is too small a sample size. Ask the average group of Packer fans the same question and they turn into these guys:

We proved something to ourselves with this exercise. We've shown that only 1 in 28 people believes we can even win 8 games. It shows just how much we - as Packer fans - have come to recognize that Rodgers is the key to any success the Packers even possibly have.

It also shows that there is absolutely no trust in any phase of the Packer game, offense or defense, that would inspire us to even think they are playoff material without him. When you think about it, that's pretty darned scary. We have been reduced to one player being the entire present and future, and quite honestly, Rodgers is pretty much in tune with that fact himself.

Where does the Packers brain trust go from here? What is their intent? Bringing in Graham and Mo is nice, but can we honestly say that either of them even resembles in stature the signing of someone like Woodson, who brought the defense together because of his superb play, and understanding of the game? He was the force that made the Capers defense work, but only because he was given some help with guys like Matthews, who could make plays. On offense, we had some solid receivers, experience, and an offensive line that knew how to both pass and run block. That's something that seems to be lacking way too often in newbies on the offensive line. It's like colleges either throw the ball or run the ball, and the majority of linemen they turn out are one-dimensional. I will say one exception on that though, call me a homer if you want, but it's the University of Wisconsin, where they constantly try to find a passing game and insist that offensive linemen learn how to block for both passing and running games, as the needs apply.

To me, this is a pivotal year. The Packers need to prove that there is actually life in the team, if Rodgers is gone for any reason. We don't know what the future holds with him, and they need to prepare for anything that comes along, and make themselves capable of dealing with it.

Great input everyone. I think you showed us all exactly what the Packers are without Rodgers.

I get your point but its such a QB driven league that 95% of teams losing their QB spells doom. NE, Pitt, NO, LA, ATL. Philly is an somewhat of an anomly with Foles. And it speaks to how bad Hundley is and Kizer is really not a major upgrade. But then again the QB pool is so bad whats the alternative?

Back