Guard play

Graham is not a TE, he’s a WR. ML has to stop using him in a function he’s incapable of performing. Got to find out if Tonyan can do it or develop.

Interesting stuff, Mark.

Running the football was better yesterday. I also think we pass blocked better but have to go watch the tape. Agree that the guards continue to be our weak point. I really thought Taylor would be better this year being healthy but he has not been. So far, Turner has been unimpressive.

This is why I did not like the Gary pick. We could have gotten a solid guard and still gotten Savage and Jenkins.

We may be drafting o-lineman in the first 3 rounds next year.

We could’ve gotten Andre Dillard, Savage and Jenkins. Oh well

We could’ve gotten Andre Dillard, Savage and Jenkins. Oh well
or we could have traded down a few spots, taken savage with the first pick around #15, taken jawaan taylor with the second first rounder, taken jenkins, and kept all of our fourth round picks. where we might have picked amani hooker and riley ridley.

or we could let it play out and see how it turns out. the coulda woulda shoulda stuff is pointless. also all those guys mentioned are not killing it. Dillard lost his job as the 3rd TE on big packages. ridley is like 9th on the bears depth chart and I don't think hooker has seen the field yet. People lost their mind when we took Savage where we did. to think if we did at 15!! point being, you cant cherry pick and use hindsight. I wasn't a huge fan of Gary and knocked him the whole pre draft process. Hes here now and time will tell.

As far as the guards, I think they played better this week and we should see even more improvement as we go but they are a weak spot. Taylor shouldn't be out there, hes not build for this O. Let Jenkins take his lumps and grow.

1 week at a time GPG

he has 4 penalties and 2 sacks already on a team treading water. the struggle is real for these young players.
I would rather have a rookie starter learning from rookie mistakes than a guy who gets on the field for maybe five plays per game.

I would rather have a rookie starter learning from rookie mistakes than a guy who gets on the field for maybe five plays per game.
yes and no. I'm not so high on rookies starting and the thought that high picks have to start is silly imo. There is nothing wrong with bringing a guy along slow and letting him learn, esp at a position that has some guys in front of your playing well. remember CM3 didn't start til like week 8. the point of your rooks is for the future, not to make you win today.

Of course there is grey area in all this talk. some rookies can slide in and hold their own and that's great. Sometimes though letting the guys get their feet under them isn't bad either. what if one of those rookie mistakes kills AR. nobody would be cool with that. of course that is a made up sitiation, but this whole thing is fictional. lol I don't know how we got here anyway. Ill get back on topic. start Jenkins next week haha

Back