Green Bay Packers announce new stock sale

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Starting tomorrow the Green Bay Packers will sell up to 200,000 shares of stock. It will cost $300 a share plus fee's. It gives you no rights but pretty much a piece of paper to claim you are a "owner". I bought one in 2011 will likely buy another share. That way when I am dead and gone both of my nephews will be able to have one share of Packers stock from me to remember me buy.

Looks like a pass my end. Hard to justify

I would like to buy a share for my nephew this time but I can see why most people will pass. Though GB putting it out there for Christmas is very smart.

Least they could do is offer you a discount at the pro shop or something.

Lot of people trying to get stock saying wait online is long to get stock.

I get the passion and such but I can find better use of $300+.

I was skeptical about the stock offering at first, but I think it makes sense:

1) It’s been 10 years since the last stock sale. New Packer fans have been born or increased their disposable income since the last offering.

2) They may be capitalizing on peak popularity. The Packers are 34-8 in the last 2.5 years. Even if Rodgers somehow returns next year, the future holds no guarantees.

3) They can replenish their reserve fund after the COVID year. I know they have to use the proceeds for improvements, but the stock sale would allow them to direct other income toward reserves.

Back