Good Read on NO

Good question.

All I know is that the Saints have had one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL for over a decade.
Pete's been there for a decade (3 yrs QB coach/ 7 yrs OC).
Yes, Drew Brees is the stick that stirs the drink, but Carmichael puts all the goodies in the drink for him.

Good question.

All I know is that the Saints have had one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL for over a decade.
Pete's been there for a decade (3 yrs QB coach/ 7 yrs OC).
Yes, Drew Brees is the stick that stirs the drink, but Carmichael puts all the goodies in the drink for him.

he knows how to play to Brees strengths.. A opposed to say, insisting that his QB do what he wants him to. Plus the article was very interesting as to the amount of input Brees has in the game planning process.

he knows how to play to Brees strengths.. A opposed to say, insisting that his QB do what he wants him to. Plus the article was very interesting as to the amount of input Brees has in the game planning process.

Yep.
There's a vast amount of battlefield experience inside Brees head. Letting him bring that to the table when game planning makes total sense.
HELLO!............... MIKE!?

the article was very interesting as to the amount of input Brees has in the game planning process.

yes, that was very revealing actually. i have to wonder if rodgers is allowed to have that kind of input in the game planning. or does he only have a say when he's on the field (and then has to stay within the parameters of what he has been given).

the kind of walk-throughs that the team was doing in the hotel conference room . . . do all teams do that? is it within the cba rules?

yes, that was very revealing actually. i have to wonder if rodgers is allowed to have that kind of input in the game planning. or does he only have a say when he's on the field (and then has to stay within the parameters of what he has been given).

the kind of walk-throughs that the team was doing in the hotel conference room . . . do all teams do that? is it within the cba rules?

part of the secrecy of GB is I don't think we know how much input Arod has do we? That could very well be one of the points of contention. I could see MM being stubborn and not letting Arod have as much input as he would like. Especially if Arod is pushing to change up the offense.

I know the NO set up is very similar to how BB and Brady operate in New England.

Last edited:
i have sensed for sometime that Rodgers prep work is not what it was a few years ago. I don’t think football is as much a priority as it was

i have sensed for sometime that Rodgers prep work is not what it was a few years ago. I don’t think football is as much a priority as it was

I have wondered that as well. Big question is the why. Too used to A-list lifestyle? Or too fed up with MM game plan stubbornness that doesn't see the point?

I could see him spending time on HIS game plan and not MMs..

That may be a worse situation than Murphy if true..

Back