Giannis staying in Milwaukee?

Bucks will though have to look to fill out roster through a lot of cheap signings. Right now with these trades they only have 6 guys on the roster. Giannis and Thanais, Middleton, Holiday, Bogdanovic, and Lopez. Got a decent starting 5 but bench is going to lack depth most likely.

Bucks will though have to look to fill out roster through a lot of cheap signings. Right now with these trades they only have 6 guys on the roster. Giannis and Thanais, Middleton, Holiday, Bogdanovic, and Lopez. Got a decent starting 5 but bench is going to lack depth most likely.
Decent starting 5? That’s a bit of an understatement, it’s loaded.

Decent starting 5? That’s a bit of an understatement, it’s loaded.

One helluva starting lineup. They seem to think they still have enough guys at the second tier that they can add pieces to make it work. I tend to agree. These are two blockbuster trades in my opinion. Expect the Bucks to contend for at least the next 3 years, maybe 4.

Now they can add some free agents willing to opt in for rings rather than big bucks. They're always out there, willing to hang it on the line. Usually it's for teams like the Lakers, Celtics, or Warriors, but now? Maybe the Bucks have joined that group....

One helluva starting lineup. They seem to think they still have enough guys at the second tier that they can add pieces to make it work. I tend to agree. These are two blockbuster trades in my opinion. Expect the Bucks to contend for at least the next 3 years, maybe 4.

Now they can add some free agents willing to opt in for rings rather than big bucks. They're always out there, willing to hang it on the line. Usually it's for teams like the Lakers, Celtics, or Warriors, but now? Maybe the Bucks have joined that group....
Assuming Connaughton resigns you also have Sterling Brown. So you need to replace Korver, Ersan and most likely RoLo. Hill & Big Ragu are gone also. So you need a backup PG, 2 bigs (maybe 1) and 1 or 2 wing types. You have part of the mid level exception to use which helps. Will be fun to see how this works

Reactions: TW
Not much chance of Lopez coming back. He declined his player option at over $5 mill. They wouldn't pay him more than that, for sure. They may have even breathed a sigh of relief over that one. I wonder who's gonna give him over $5 mill?

I liked DeVincenzo. I thought he was developing fairly well. He was one of the few guys out there who seemed to like slashing to the basket.

Perfect world options
  • Boogie Cousins
  • Melo Anthony
  • Avery Bradley
  • Morris Brothers (either)
  • Rondo (pipe dream)
  • Teague

Carmelo is 36, but could sign for under $3 mill. Keeping Cousins healthy is the question, and he'd likely grab a $15 mill or higher salary? Just a guess there. But he is only 30. Avery Bradley is an interesting option, assuming he's not back with the Lakers? He's an absolute pain in the rear to guys setting plays on the outside. He's a defender along the lines of what we need. 29 years old. My question, salary? I'd guess maybe $10-12 mill? I'd prefer Markief because he's a little more versatile as to how you can deploy him. I honestly don't know about Rondo. If there are any problems with Covid, I am not certain he'd even show up to play. He's 34, which means he's short term. His salary? Hard to say. If it's low enough, smile and sign him. Teague? I'm not really interested to be honest.

Carmelo is 36, but could sign for under $3 mill. Keeping Cousins healthy is the question, and he'd likely grab a $15 mill or higher salary? Just a guess there. But he is only 30. Avery Bradley is an interesting option, assuming he's not back with the Lakers? He's an absolute pain in the rear to guys setting plays on the outside. He's a defender along the lines of what we need. 29 years old. My question, salary? I'd guess maybe $10-12 mill? I'd prefer Markief because he's a little more versatile as to how you can deploy him. I honestly don't know about Rondo. If there are any problems with Covid, I am not certain he'd even show up to play. He's 34, which means he's short term. His salary? Hard to say. If it's low enough, smile and sign him. Teague? I'm not really interested to be honest.
Cousins had been hurt the last 3 years now the $15 million days are behind him he will have to keep signing cheap 1 year deals to prove he's healthy

Cousins had been hurt the last 3 years now the $15 million days are behind him he will have to keep signing cheap 1 year deals to prove he's healthy

I'd only offer a low ball figure to Cousins, with a games played escalator. Not a lot of front guaranteed money. He's too much of a risk.

See lot of people bashing these trades saying Bucks overpaid etc. Yeah they maybe overpaid on Holiday but you have to go all in to keep Giannis. I think the people hating the moves the most are the people hoping the Bucks did nothing so Giannis would leave and sign with their team

Back