Getting good return in trades could be tough for Brewers

Sucks for Brewers fans cause it's a little of everything. Look what Yost has done in KC, that's not all because KC has more $$ to spend. Coaching changes won't matter. Need a FO who can better navigate the issues of a small market team. Unless the team has just given up improvement and accepted being a mid - bottom team..

Well, if it isn't because of Melvin why is this team so terrible and our farm system so thin? I post on another Brewer forum and you are the only person I've seen who doesn't seem to be calling for Melvin's head.
It's called unrealistic expectations. The other issue is revenue. It cost money to scout, build a system and maintain it. Quick example. St. Louis generates $70m mote per year in revenue. It makes a difference.

This team is not good. Not even going to argue that. But again since 2007 only 2 seasons under 500 and 2 90 win seasons. That's not a bad body of work. Is the farm system good? No. But Jack Z was a supposed to be the brains and what has he done in Seattle? S

Small market low revenue teams making the playoffs are exceptions. Since 2000 in the NL it's been Mileauee twice.reds 2x Pitt 1x

My point is the results the last few years are norm for small market teams.

Good GM work to improve their scouting dept. Melvin does not. Melvin sees minor league as just guys to trade away for rentals.

Good GM work to improve their scouting dept. Melvin does not. Melvin sees minor league as just guys to trade away for rentals.

Yeah that Mat LaPorta trade was horrible. Lawrie was such a great prospect Toronto traded him away. After hitting 247. What other projects has he traded away. ?

Yes the system needs work but it takes $$$. The big issue is this franchise never invested in Latin America

Last edited:
Yeah that Mat LaPorta trade was horrible. Lawrie was such a great prospect Toronto traded him away. After hitting 247. What other projects has he traded away. ?

Yes the system needs work but it takes $$$. The big issue is this franchise never invested in Latin America

Winner)

Are the Brewers now invested in Latin America? sh))

Not close to where they should be. They just expanded it a few years ago but invested nothing before new ownership.

Back