Future QB

To be honest, I wish they would consider someone like Josh Allen, if they could sign him long term from the start. It would give them time to develop him, with Rodgers still at the helm. It would also mean that in two or three years, you'd be saddled with the same problem the 49ers had with Montana & Young. I'd live with that any day!

Yes, it means investing more in QBs than normal, but to put you in a better winning position for the future, why not?

So we look like we're going to be picking top ten. This draft has Four first round QBs and 4-6 QBs who have nice skill sets to be developed. Soooo.... After 25 years of stellar QB play do we even look at extending that streak with an investment in a first round pick? I know there are more pressing needs now, but over the long run, is it an opportunity to grab a supremely talented QB to learn for three years under ARod and keep the Packers competitive for another dozen years? There will be CBs and Edge players in second and third rounds avaiable.

IF we went this way I would like Lamar Jackson- Louisville.

So we look like we're going to be picking top ten. This draft has Four first round QBs and 4-6 QBs who have nice skill sets to be developed. Soooo.... After 25 years of stellar QB play do we even look at extending that streak with an investment in a first round pick? I know there are more pressing needs now, but over the long run, is it an opportunity to grab a supremely talented QB to learn for three years under ARod and keep the Packers competitive for another dozen years? There will be CBs and Edge players in second and third rounds avaiable.

IF we went this way I would like Lamar Jackson- Louisville.
I am going to trade down a few spots for picks and Take Clayton Thorson From Northwestern, 6'4 225. I like his skill set better than anyone as it transfers to the pro pass set.

Thorson looks interesting Mark. Good find.

Im not sure Arods ego could handle packers taking a qb high.

A lot of scouts are going gaga over him. He has the same pro intangibles they saw in Carson Wentz.

It looks like it. Natural throwing motion and he seems poised in the pocket.

To be honest who knows how committed Rodgers could be to staying in GB. If he wants out after his contract is up in a couple years would need to get a new QB now to develop.

Well, we know Favre's ego didn't handle it well, but I think ARod wouldn't be that upset. He probably would rather see a WR or a defensive playmaker. (like a lot of people).

Back