Future DC Thread

With all due respect I would tread lightly on anything Pete says, he was the one who railed against Ty Dunne being wrong on AR etc.... Pete lost his inside sources after the last coaching change, been a toothless tiger since.
Yeah i know the story with him. What makes me think it’s more legit is that he’s not speaking to the thoughts/plans/side of the story/opinion of anyone in the building, he’s speaking to the contents of a contract which would be known and verifiable i’m sure to a number of people in the building.

Joe Barry though has to know 100% you are getting fired year end no matter how well your defense plays in last 3 games. Could have his D pitch shutouts with 5 TO's in each game and still would not be enough to save him.

Ask me all those questions in 3 weeks. I want to see these next 3 games...how people respond...changes in scheme and play calling etc.
That's fair. However, last year Barry made adjustments that allowed the D to perform much better down the stretch. This season, rather than stick with what worked, he went right back to old ways. Even if they adjust and perform better, do you trust him to stick with that going forward? I mean, by his own words the Tampa game plan was basically the same game plan they had against Jefferson Week 1 last year, which also ended in embarrassment and disaster. What good is a leader who needs to be beaten over the head and threatened all the time just to what everyone knows needs to be done to begin with? What good is a DC who doesn't learn from mistakes?

If Barry is retained Packer Nation will lose their collective podo(
I can guarantee you that in terms of personnel decisions ML could care less what Packer Nation thinks. And since Packer fans will flood the team with cash even when they stink neither does Murphy.

That's fair. However, last year Barry made adjustments that allowed the D to perform much better down the stretch. This season, rather than stick with what worked, he went right back to old ways. Even if they adjust and perform better, do you trust him to stick with that going forward? I mean, by his own words the Tampa game plan was basically the same game plan they had against Jefferson Week 1 last year, which also ended in embarrassment and disaster. What good is a leader who needs to be beaten over the head and threatened all the time just to what everyone knows needs to be done to begin with? What good is a DC who doesn't learn from mistakes?
Not arguing the point but let's be honest here, this team wasn't going to win a SB. We talked about it early on that there were certain things we needed to see etc. We have for the most part figured out the Love equation, now let's see how the other parts work out down the stretch. Regardless I expect some changes on staff after the season.

Back