Eddie Lacy nearing the end?

The Lacy thing is so simple:

Dude needs to run behind the best offensive line in the league. Last year, we were close to that. This year, we are not.

What this offense needs right now more than anything is a RB who we can move around the offense to create matchup problems for the defense (think woodhead, sproles, spiller if he ever stayed healthy, ect.)

Crockett / Starks look very similar - shifty, well built guys with good vision. Give them the keys to the offense for the rest of the season, de-activate Lacy, and see if you can get anything for him in the off-season.

So we keep a guy like Guion with his legal issues but we bench Lacy and cut a guy for missing curfew.

MM is so inconsistent with accountability.

Harris never impressed me in the first place. Why they kept him is beyond me. Crockett was a better back and more versatile.

Lacy is fat and out of shape. Nobody can deny that. Yes, this line has been injured ; however, like others have said he has workout issues. He also has depression issues and his asthma affects him. I have said this before, can you keep and pay a RB that can only be on the field half the time because of his breathing issues. Well now you have other issues of training and commitment concerns. Is he worth it? Good question.

I dont see Lacy going anywhere. He is still a good RB. He was running well the 2 games prior to the Lions. Part of his problems were the ankle and groin injuries he had earlier, then the MASH unit of an OL. He is a big dude now and can still move pretty good. If he worked at it and got to about 230 and could maintain that, I think that would be ideal. Would be nice to hear more details of just what went on to cause the cutting his amount of snaps down. Was Harris really dragging Lacy down? Harris did show some good running in pre season and that was with a club on his hand. I thought he would of done well, but he also did not get a chance. Im guessing he didnt because he got on McCarthy's bad side early on.
It does seem that now with the team playing so poorly, players are getting nitpicked worse than normal and Lacy is one of them.

Lacy being benched is deeper than just missing curfew. Curfew was more the last straw. I don't think team will extend him early and will let him test the market.

Lacy being benched is deeper than just missing curfew. Curfew was more the last straw. I don't think team will extend him early and will let him test the market.

Yeah, I totally agree. I said the same thing in shout that day. No way the team benches their starting RB for curfew unless there was something else - and probably a whole of something else - going on in the background. I'd be very curious to someday know what it was.

Back