Eddie Lacy: I’m not hurt, I’m not overweight, I don’t know what it is

Maybe they do not believe what the coaching staff is preaching anymore. bh)

Course, Lacy supposedly has depression and Rodgers now has a live in serious girlfriend. Maybe that's it. sh))

Maybe they do not believe what the coaching staff is preaching anymore. bh)

Course, Lacy supposedly has depression and Rodgers now has a live in serious girlfriend. Maybe that's it. sh))

I think the mental issues are what others have alluded to. That this team bought into the hype while beating bad teams, and the way they were manhandled against DEN and CAR has messed them up a bit.

I suspect Eddie sees this as nothing out of the ordinary from when he was younger, but as a professional who's body has matured, being more careful with diet and conditioning now becomes important. I don't think he "gets" that so he doesn't know what it is.

Closer look at the numbers reveals what's wrong with Eddie Lacy

interesting article

Lacy's yards after contact per carry average has taken an even steeper drop, though, indicating that Lacy himself shoulders even more of the blame. Last season, Lacy's 2.82 yards after contact average ranked as the third best among the 54 running backs that recorded at least 50 carries. This season, his 2.17 average ranks just 35th out of 47 such backs. He's not breaking tackles quite as often, seeing his average drop from one breaking tackle every 5.0 carries in 2014 to one every 9.2 carries in 2015.

Amazingly, the area where Lacy has struggled the most this season is the one where he arguably saw his most success last year: right up the middle. His runs between the guards on either side of the center averaged 5.13 yards per carry last season; that number is down to 3.28 per carry this year. (Considering Starks has seen his yards per carry increase from 3.57 to 4.30 on similar runs this season, that seems more like a Lacy issue than a T.J. Lang-Corey Linsley–Josh Sitton issue.) His longest run between the guards in 2015 is just 8 yards. His longest run of the season (44 yards) came through the hole between Linsley and Sitton last year.

Back