Dubz post Senior Bowl mock

Dubz41

Reaction score
7 offensive picks, 5 defensive. Used NFL mock for reference.

14: R1P14 EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT UTSA Yes, he is flying up the boards. The raw talent is there. The effort is there. This kid is just scratching the surface. Difference maker.
45: R2P13 G BILLY PRICE OHIO STATE I know TT only seemed to draft Tackles, but Gute is his own man and grabs a IOL who can compete for the starting RG spot while giving us a solid back up C. Better than Tretter already.
76: R3P12 TE MIKE GESICKI PENN STATE My favorite TE in the draft. Height, hands and decent speed. Not a great blocker, but we need someone to threaten the seams. ARod will love this kid.
101: R3P37 WR D.J. CHARK LSU Never liked this guy, but he blew the doors off at the Senior Bowl. A ‘sudden’ WR effortlessly creates separation. Good length with speed. Hope he can learn the routes fast.
116: R4P14 CB MIKE HUGHES UCF Another climber. Decent size, quick twitch, able to run the routes allowing little separation. Way better than the UFDA guys we have back there now.
152: R5P13 QB KYLE LAULETTA RICHMOND Matt Flynn with a better arm.
173: R5P34 EDGE TYQUAN LEWIS OHIO STATE Packers have been associated with Lewis since the Senior Bowl. High effort role player. Good rotational guy on the edge. Allows CMIII to move inside.
175: R5P36 C JAMES DANIELS IOWA Couldn’t pass him up. We are set at IOL Protect ARod!
177: R5P38 LB MARQUIS HAYNES OLE MISS One Trick Pony, but he’s good at his trick. Designated Rusher.
189: R6P12 WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN NOTRE DAME Don’t know why the mocks don’t like this guy. He is one of the descending guys. Might still light up the combine. Good length and speed. I like him.
232: R7P14 CB TONY BROWN ALABAMA Speed and depth. Special teams monster at the next level. Could be a better pro than college player.
239: R7P21 TE DURHAM SMYTHE NOTRE DAME Reallly like this kid. Good blocker, good hands. Healthier version of Fumagalli. Nice balance with Gesicki.

man I sure would be upset if Davenport is the pick. I just don't think hes a good football player. he has all the athletic ability and the body but I see a very average player. no thanks

A lot can change but seems like you have a lot of guys way lower then they will prob go.
If price is there that's a great pick. Need to fix this line

Mike Hughes is going in the top 40 easy. The guy can play.

Haynes is another that will go higher then that. Heck I would take him over davenport in a heart beat. (yea I don't like Davenport haha)

St Brown is an end of the 1st pick. I also don't know why some mocks don't like him, but he is gifted.

great group of players!

I know the mock has guys who might or might not go higher. The discrepancy between value boards is huge this year. That's why I usually try to note which board I'm using. FirstPick is a lot different from NFL Mock and Fanspeak. One of my favorite aspects of this mock is that I got Gesicki and Smythe at TEs. Really like both of those guys. Chark is growing on me like a big scab, don't want to pick it but can't stop!!;)

Also not really "sold" on Davenport, but I get why you would take him there. I'm hoping someone else drops.

I agree though that slotting players is getting tougher, especially for amateur hacks like me. Draft sites and boards are all over the place. I remember a mock I did last year where similar concerns were raised by posters. It seems like there is a certain amount of volatility to a lot of these boards this time of year - most years. The first round or two are fairly easy to ballpark but after that 2-3 round swings are not uncommon between boards/sites regarding individual players.

Overall, I'd be pretty happy with this draft.

I know the mock has guys who might or might not go higher. The discrepancy between value boards is huge this year. That's why I usually try to note which board I'm using.

when i did my first mock this year, i ignored the other mocks. i just looked at the "big boards" and position rankings on walters, drafteq and nfldraftscout. but those big boards are all so different that i had to try scouting reports at other sites to get a better feel. i think the boards will start to come into better focus after the combine, but right now it's like throwing darts.

Back