Dougherty: Packers should expect more after defensive overhaul

I’ve read some nice stuff about the Crawford kid at ILB as well.
Last year he wasn’t signed until 10 days into camp and still made the 53 man roster for ST’s, and they had him playing both OLB and ILB.

So far in OTA’s he’s been ILB only and has flashed. He’s already pocketed 2 INT’s.
He should be someone to keep an eye on.
I was in Green Bay for business last fall, and went to Lambeau for dinner with a colleague (she's a former model). Crawford actually came into the pub (1919 Kitchen and Tap) that night and sat down near us. I guess when a player comes in, the pub gives away signed player autographs - surprisingly, he chose us and gave us one for Davante Adams, not him.

Yeah, and I'm Cindy Lauper!
Well . . . we all watched HaHa for the last few years . . . Amos graded out in the top 10 per PFF if I remember correctly.
[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to see how this plays out. Ha Ha had the same number of sacks and INT's last year than Amos has his entire career...

What I wonder is how many missed tackles did HHCD have, and how many big plays did he give up?

The difference between the two is that Amos doesn't miss tackles and doesn't give up big plays.

If Amos wants to just do the dirty works while others make the splash plays, I'm ok with that if it makes the defense a solid unit.

Haha and Amos, that’s all about fit. HaHa will be playing next to two all pros in that secondary. He’s not a guy that elevates a D, but he can be elevated by others and contribute. I think he’ll do well there but you can’t overpay that guy as if he’s a difference maker.

GB has been desperate for consistency and intelligence back there, so Amos made sense for them. He’s not a playmaker but should be impactful through consistency.

Fit. We're going to see how both of these guys fit into the systems their teams are running. Both could end up being busts, and both could end up being mentioned for a Pro Bowl spot. Nobody knows for sure at this point.

Back