delusional

realitybytes

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
kizer - future super bowl mvp

Packers' DeShone Kizer sees himself not as Aaron Rodgers' backup but as a 'future Super Bowl MVP'
Kizer went 0-15 as a starter with the Browns and played poorly in relief of Rodgers last year

excerpt:
During a recent interview with Jim Owczarski of Packers News, Kizer revealed that he sees himself as a future Super Bowl MVP even though he's firmly positioned below Rodgers on the depth chart and has seldom demonstrated the ability to play quarterback at the level needed to start in the NFL.

link to article

Perfect example of why he’s going to fail. He’s looking forward to fame and accolades when he can’t even see the impending roster cut that awaits him in two months.
Yeah I thought Packers should have got a good vet backup. Kizer or Boyle would do nothing if Rodgers went down. FO has seen that Rodgers has injury issues so don't know why the adversion to get a quality back is.

It's befuddling. It isn't wasting a roster spot, it's shoring up a potential need, and protecting a season from catastrophe. I realize that Kizer looks good in practice, when things are slowed down, but he doesn't seem to follow anything on the field during game conditions. Just my observations, but he seems to hurry through his first two reads and doesn't see the progression that can come from the players, then bolts, causing him to not be in position to throw if and when someone does come open.

I’m not sure he even makes it past his first read / progression. Similar to Hundley. 1 read then tuck and run. And his footwork is to be kind awful. Why not move on? Who knows. Just me but I thought drafting one in rounds 4-7 was a better move than a vet. Maybe that was the plan and the board did not fall the way they thought and now you got what got

Here's the thing...he doesn't have to run MM offense anymore. Zero tape on him running this offense, to be fair zero tape of AR running this offense. The upside is that ML has had similar type QB and has seen them adapt to this offense. I don't think Kizer will ever be a top tier starting QB but do think if needed they would adapt the offense around his skill set...unlike Mike who well did nothing other than call the same game plan again and again and yet again.

PS I would have drafted a better backup QB as well sh))

Will be interesting if Kizer or Boyle pick up the offense as I would not be shocked if both would be gone at end of TC and packers claim a vet off waivers.

Will be interesting if Kizer or Boyle pick up the offense as I would not be shocked if both would be gone at end of TC and packers claim a vet off waivers.
I don’t want a vet coming in with no camp reps asking him to learn this system. It’s Kizer and / or Boyle and pray

Back