Could It BE ???

Awesome article Dubz. I think it hits on very good points and sums up the season.
Actually, it sums up the last several seasons! Beyond frustrating watching Ted and McCarthy blow the Packers’ chances of winning Super Bowls with perhaps the greatest QB who ever played. Instead, we’ll forever hear how Brady is the greatest because of the titles. Imagine what NE would have been like with Aaron at the helm?! And this franchise will do nothing. Status quo.

Like I said, beyond frustrating! bh(

The thing going around on Twitter yesterday was various takes on the line "Biggest reason the Packers won't make the playoffs...?"

Options usually included: injury (sometimes specifically Aaron's, the defense, or both separately), Capers/Defense, TT/talent, MM/coaching.

The obvious answer for why the Packers aren't making the playoffs this year is the injury to Aaron Rodgers. We'd have 10/11 wins by now if he'd stayed healthy, and we'd maybe be fighting for a first round bye.

But there are plenty of people blaming the defense/Capers/TT/MM for why we're not making the playoffs this year. That's not the best take. Those are all going to be answers for why we flame out in the playoffs every year since 2010 (though Rodgers deserves plenty of criticism for the NFCCG loss in Seattle).

It's always the same. 10-12 wins in the regular season, then the playoffs come and the offense can't put up 30+ points a game (against the better defenses in the league) to save the porous defense we trot out.

I'm really tired of the 'bend-don't-break' style of play. The D hasn't generated enough turnovers for that to work out for us since Collins' injury and Woodson's decline (though I think 2014 was turnaround season in that regard).

Good post Crease. This year can be blamed on the loss of Rodgers as the reason to have not made the playoffs. It covers up the rest of debacle but at some point, people have to look deeper.

Now that we're officially out of the playoffs.....
Dorsey has insulted the previous regime in Cleveland. The one that hired Hue Jackson as coach. Hue has been mentioned as a successor to Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati. So- Lewis is not renewed in Cincy, they bring back Jackson (who had decent success with them as OC). Cleveland is more than happy to release Jackson from his contract. Dorsey gets to hire his own coach, I'm sure he will look for a 'highly successful NFL coach' who might be ready for a change of scenery. Cleveland has two of the top 5 picks and 5 picks in the first two rounds. Dorsey and his new coach get to handpick their franchise QB and attempt to turn around the culture of the Browns. MM is the perfect fit for them. We could also send R Cobb and his salary to the Browns for their 4th round pick. It all has a feeling of serendipity to it.

What's your Christmas wish?

My only problem with MM is his unwillingness to change. The old saying, If it works don't fix it., does not apply. The defense has been broke for years.

He's something interesting regarding change.

Since 2009:

New Orleans has had 4 different DCs

New England has had 2 DCs, 2 OCs

Indy has had 2 head coaches, 5 OCs, 3 DCs

Pittsburgh has had 2 OCs and 2 DCs

Baltimore has gone through 5 OCs, 3 DCs

Seattle has had 3 OCs and 3 DCs

Denver has had 4 OCs, 6 DCs

Green Bay: same GM, same HC, same DC, (3 OCs?)

Since 2009:

OC in Green bay is a joke all they get to do is install MM game plan in practice during the week. Capers is the longest serving DC right now in the NFL.

Since 2009:

I like this post CC. The only caveat I'd like to throw in is that some of the OCs/DCs left to become HCs somewhere else. So it isn't always because their coordinators were failing. But, even the good teams make changes when they need to. I know- if it ain't broke don't fix it- but our defense is BROKE!

Since 2009:

I think that shows nobody wants to hire away Green Bay's coordinators. Hmmmmmm...I wonder why?! :rolleyes: :D

Back