Connaughton gets 3 year contract

TW

Reaction score
Milwaukee Bucks G Pat Connaughton has agreed on a three-year, $28.5M extension with a player option, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Jordan Gertler of @ExcelBasketball tell ESPN.

I'm glad to see this. He signed his $5.7 mill player option, and showed he wanted to be a Buck. They made him a viable part of their future.

Point to consider. The deal inked by Connaughton actually amounts to 4 years @ $34 mill. That's a lengthy contract.

Point to consider. The deal inked by Connaughton actually amounts to 4 years @ $34 mill. That's a lengthy contract.
Nobody in their right mind can complain that this ownership group does not commit to winning. Impressive

$8.5 a year seems a lot of money for a 6th man like him.

NBA the most overpaid player league in all of sports. Were you ride the pine and get millions paid to you

NBA the most overpaid player league in all of sports. Were you ride the pine and get millions paid to you
Yes those back end bullpen guys making a few million would like some props

The physical conditioning of an NBA player is unbelievable. These guys have to go full tilt for minutes on end. Not true in football and baseball, where it's more in spurts. Based on what players are getting to play pro sports, guys in the NBA aren't overpaid in my opinion. It's an 82 game schedule, half of a baseball season, and much larger than the 17 game schedule in the NFL, and possibly as much as 23, including playoffs and preseason.

The physical conditioning of an NBA player is unbelievable. These guys have to go full tilt for minutes on end. Not true in football and baseball, where it's more in spurts. Based on what players are getting to play pro sports, guys in the NBA aren't overpaid in my opinion. It's an 82 game schedule, half of a baseball season, and much larger than the 17 game schedule in the NFL, and possibly as much as 23, including playoffs and preseason.
I agree with this. The only exception is that some of the elite guys do get “load management” days off which from a pure basketball perspective I get but if I am a fan paying $250 for a ticket and Giannis is out due to “load management” i am not a happy camper. But yeah it’s a grind

Game ends at 10p, get on plane for a road game, land at 1am, then get up, maybe practice or shoot around and a 7p tip is not easy.

I agree with this. The only exception is that some of the elite guys do get “load management” days off which from a pure basketball perspective I get but if I am a fan paying $250 for a ticket and Giannis is out due to “load management” i am not a happy camper. But yeah it’s a grind

Game ends at 10p, get on plane for a road game, land at 1am, then get up, maybe practice or shoot around and a 7p tip is not easy.
This will happen more and more. Teams are going to protect a guy they are paying 40-50 million a year. Will be lucky if these guys play 75% of games in a season now to make sure they stay healthy

Back