Christian Yelich contract ext details and wanting to be a Brewer for life

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score

This was a very team friendly deal $28 million in deferred money until after the contract runs out. Deal has no opt out clause and has a 8th year that is a option for $20 million with a $6.5 buyout so can max out at 10 years $235 million counting the 2 years he had under his last contract still.

Yelich returns to MKE for a MRI on back as he is not recovering like expected. I sure hope he does not become like Ryan Braun gets paid and then has all these nagging injuries that keep him out of the lineup on a regular basis.

Yelich plays one game and back to the IL. Makes me wonder could he become Braun 2.0 gets paid then gets hurt all the time.

Yelich finally back in the lineup

Thinking that might be best for Yelich to fall to say 7th in the lineup. Maybe it takes some pressure off him to produce when he's being put 2nd and 3rd in the lineup. Something needs to be done. Only 6 HR's on the year and he's striking out in 35% of his AB's.

Thinking that might be best for Yelich to fall to say 7th in the lineup. Maybe it takes some pressure off him to produce when he's being put 2nd and 3rd in the lineup. Something needs to be done. Only 6 HR's on the year and he's striking out in 35% of his AB's.
No chance. He’s goes to 7th he hits in front of Pina and the pitchers spot and gets zero to hit, he gets pitched around all night. Personally I would not object to moving him to lead off of 3 hole. But 7th? Helps no one

No chance. He’s goes to 7th he hits in front of Pina and the pitchers spot and gets zero to hit, he gets pitched around all night. Personally I would not object to moving him to lead off of 3 hole. But 7th? Helps no one
Well you can't have him hit higher then 6th. 3-5 holes you are expected to drive in runs which he is not doing. Right now just because of who he is and what he makes I think is the only reason Council has not dropped him in the lineup.

Well you can't have him hit higher then 6th. 3-5 holes you are expected to drive in runs which he is not doing. Right now just because of who he is and what he makes I think is the only reason Council has not dropped him in the lineup.
Money is not going to decide what slot you hit in. If it is your not a competent manager. You need to still put him in a position to get good looks. This is similar to Freeman in Atlanta. He’s was struggling dead in the water and he just broke out of it. Stayed in same slot

Back