Ch-ch-ch-changes (That Should Happen)

Every post that isn't bubbling with support isn't "dire" as you suggest. I am an old timer like yourself. You think Lombardi would approve of MM chicken shit approach ? To a defense that goes in it's pants most of the time in the 4th qtr of big games?
He would not !

Further this defense has let down 2 seasons in a row, and that offense you speak of helped GB lose 3 home division games for the first time since 1968 ! Dire no it's not dire Miss Pugger but everything isn't going to be ok in Green Bay with a couple players and another year either. That approach is what got us in trouble 1975 to 1991. Sorry for the rant but the post you quoted wasn't "dire" it was objective and that's why I post here not some of the other trash sites.

In 1968 we did the big changes some here are advocating. We had just won another SB the year before but the roster wasn't getting any younger. Perhaps had we chosen someone other than Bengston to coach the team things might not have gone south.

This isn't the situation here. We still have a nice young nucleus of up and coming players and an elite QB still in his prime. I firmly believe we are just a couple of players away from returning to the NFCC game. Now, if things get worse in 2016 then perhaps a change is needed. I just don't think things are as bad as you and others fear.

There is another team in the league with almost as much success as us. They too lost in the divisional round and missed the playoffs 2 years before that but Steeler Nation is not clamoring for Tomlin's head.

In 1968 we did the big changes some here are advocating. We had just won another SB the year before but the roster wasn't getting any younger. Perhaps had we chosen someone other than Bengston to coach the team things might not have gone south.

This isn't the situation here. We still have a nice young nucleus of up and coming players and an elite QB still in his prime. I firmly believe we are just a couple of players away from returning to the NFCC game. Now, if things get worse in 2016 then perhaps a change is needed. I just don't think things are as bad as you and others fear.

There is another team in the league with almost as much success as us. They too lost in the divisional round and missed the playoffs 2 years before that but Steeler Nation is not clamoring for Tomlin's head.

Couple of players away is what we heard the last 2 seasons. Got close and let it go in Seattle. This years fiasco was really one hail Mary away in Detroit of really being a circus. It's getting more obvious to many people in and outside of Green Bay the window is closing. Ted and the gang better get it right because we have had 2 franchise QB which is incredible getting a 3rd is highly unlikely.

Not quite apples and apples. The Steelers won it all in 2005 and 2008. If the current regime had won again in 2013, heck if they win again next year, it'll buy pretty much a lifetime exemption

Couple of players away is what we heard the last 2 seasons. Got close and let it go in Seattle. This years fiasco was really one hail Mary away in Detroit of really being a circus. It's getting more obvious to many people in and outside of Green Bay the window is closing. Ted and the gang better get it right because we have had 2 franchise QB which is incredible getting a 3rd is highly unlikely.

This year we had a beat up offense and our QB had an off year. I think we have the defense that can win it all if we address ILB. And Aaron isn't at the end of his career. The window isn't closing yet. Three of the 4 QBs still vying for the SB this year are 3+ years older than Rodgers and 2 of em are more than 6.

Not quite apples and apples. The Steelers won it all in 2005 and 2008. If the current regime had won again in 2013, heck if they win again next year, it'll buy pretty much a lifetime exemption

I'm talking about how the fans are talking. I've checked a couple of Steelers forums and those fans are not calling for a change like a lot of Packers fans are presently after they lost their division and in the divisional round. If we win it all next season do MM and TT get en exemption too?

Sorry, must not have been clear. Yes, IMO, if we bring home the Lombardi next year, management is safe for the foreseeable future.

A year ago I believe we were the best/hottest team at the end of the year. We just weren't lucky (the missing, elusive third ingredient). This year I feel we were more lucky than good and almost made the NFCCG. Our defense played well both years and the job/scheme we had last year in Seattle was awesome, c'mon admit it. Nobody saw us kicking their ass for 59 minutes and we definitely did! The problem, as I see it, is how we go into the shell at the end of games. Is that Capers call? I bet he is under orders to 'prevent' losing. That's MMs call. It really prevents NOTHING. The one play that epitomizes that whole attitude is the kneel down interception against Seattle last year. Of all the bone head plays we committed to lose that game, that one play showed what happens to a team that plays 'not to lose'. That has been MMs call all along and is the most frustrating thing, You Play to WIN! Until MM is held accountable for that his legion of devoted coaches will continue to underachieve because the Packers play 'not to lose'. That's why this frustration bubbles over at the end of each year. Coaching staff does OK, talent is there but injuries make it tougher (drafting 27th and later for years is tougher too). It's on MM- Play to Win!

I'm talking about how the fans are talking. I've checked a couple of Steelers forums and those fans are not calling for a change like a lot of Packers fans are presently after they lost their division and in the divisional round. If we win it all next season do MM and TT get en exemption too?
They are NOT bringing home the Lombardi trophy unless Ted gets off his thumbs and goes out and gets some players. Even McCarthy is apparently tired of his modus operandi...and I don't blame him. They need a fast, field stretching TE, ILB help, OT depth, and DL. Can he do it via the draft alone? I just can't see it. He needs to do something in FA to fill all the holes.

I just can't see Thompson doing it. Hoping against hope I'm wrong.

You can make all the coaching changes you want. But until this team gets an influx of talent especially on the defensive end not much will change. That’s not on McCarthy. That’s not on Capers. That’s on Ted Thompson.

Ask yourself honestly how many play makers do we have on defense? In reality one. #52. There are some decent prices but nobody who puts fear in an OC to game plan around. Remer back to the last SB team. Collins. Matthews. Woodson. Playmaker.

On offense sure we have #12 but you saw what we have at wr. No separation. Can’t get off press coverage and poor routes. Is some of that coaching yes but #87 opened up the field it showed how pedestrian we were at times. The depth at OL was a glaring issue. TE? Not even going to start. RB? Lacy has been discussed on another thread.

It takes talent to win a SB but also takes some luck. And then there’s coaching. Did Shaun Payton get stupid the last couple of years? No. Is Bill OBrien a bad coach? Hell no. Is Ron Rivera a genius? No. My point here is talent. Look at the team speed Carolina and Arizona and even Pittsburgh have on defense. It makes a difference. Are there times I shake my head at some coaching decisions hell yes. But I get more angry when I see missed tackles. Dropped passes and missed throws.
+1

Back