Cephus is back

TW

Reaction score
Not judging the decision, just stating that the NCAA has cleared Cephus to play with the Badgers this season. Since he'd already been accepted back on the team, the next step is to see how much a part of the offense he will be. He had the potential of being a decent receiver, so there's a chance he cold be a decent contributor.

He was the best receiver on the field before he got injured. He’s better than Davis, AJ Taylor or Pryor now

I think Bucky made the correct decision in reinstating him and the NCAA made the right decision in letting him play.

No doubt he'll be a major improvement in the receiving talent. It's just going to take him a little time getting in full playing condition, and in sync with the rest of the players. Sitting out an entire year, and not even being allowed into team programs has had to have an effect on him, and his physical conditioning.

He clearly makes the WR group better at UW. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he'll be ready.

Am a little surprised he came back. I figured he'd move on after this whole thing. When he decided to ask for reinstatement at UW, I think it caught the Chancellor and Board a little by surprise. Lots of different pressures on them.

I think it caught the Chancellor and Board a little by surprise. Lots of different pressures on them.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end on extrajudicial hearings lacking due process and equal protection. The guy in the State Journal article on this topic is the dad of my close friends. He figures this will open the door for a few other guys tossed out of school for nothing to get back in.

They make it sound like Cephus has kept himself in great shape, but who knows. The team's bye week is Sept 14, that's probably not enough time to get him ready, but it sure would be sweet as hell to have him out there and able to make a difference when Michigan comes to town on the 21st.

Read today where the attorneys for the two women who filed the complaint against Cephus are calling out the UW for not protecting students saying they cannot accept "the University acting as though these women are not deserving of even basic human decency". This will cause the UW some grief for a bit yet and there will likely be some continuing fall-out for a while. Sorry "Crease" but I doubt this is the end of extrajudicial hearings lacking due process and equal protection. This kind of backlash will make it likely that this practice will continue - right or wrong.

Like I said above, multiple forces at work here and I think the Chancellor was going to look bad to "some" people and groups no matter how this was decided. Everyone is in a tough position. Universities need to do things to protect students from sexual harassment and assault and will feel the need to do things more quickly than the judicial process so I think it will stay muddy for the foreseeable future.

No matter what the Chancellor did/does, she'd be wrong in the eyes of some people. To me, she did what she had to, based on the courts. To the women of the U, this wasn't the right decision. Yet, it was the proper legal decision to protect the school.

If I had a daughter at Wisconsin, the fact that this happened would bother me. What would bother me more is that if I had a daughter, and she was a good athlete, I'd tell her that I would "never" approve of her taking a scholarship there, for her sport. It would also make me less likely to support having my son, if being recruited for sports, to sign there either. But, this is a personal observation, and nobody has to agree with it, because quite honestly, it's nobody's business but my own, and that of my child.

My problem is so fraught with misgivings, because I'm essentially saying he shouldn't be allowed on the field for the Badgers, but at the same time, I believe he has every right to pursue his education, and play football, even with the Badgers. It would have been easier for everyone concerned if he had opted to leave as a transfer to another school. There are a lot of them that consider situations like this nothing more than something that happens a couple of times a year. In Madison, it's earth-shaking, by comparison.

Having dealt with sexual assault as a police officer, I can tell you that what the victim goes through is every bit as scary and often more demeaning than anything the perp goes through. I've seen young, teen age girls turned into basket cases in a court room by defense attorneys, and saw how they were treated in their schools by their peers, when the person being charged was a "jock." It's not pretty. I've also seen the result when a guy gets off, and was guilty as hell, and the victim sits in a bath tub and slices her own wrists, because she can't live with the pain being inflicted by her peers.

Until you've been close to a situation, it's difficult understanding. I can't put a value on wins and losses here. The University of Wisconsin, and every woman on the campus has suffered a loss. It will have repercussions, either legally, or played out in public.

No matter what the Chancellor did/does, she'd be wrong in the eyes of some people. To me, she did what she had to, based on the courts. To the women of the U, this wasn't the right decision. Yet, it was the proper legal decision to protect the school.

If I had a daughter at Wisconsin, the fact that this happened would bother me. What would bother me more is that if I had a daughter, and she was a good athlete, I'd tell her that I would "never" approve of her taking a scholarship there, for her sport. It would also make me less likely to support having my son, if being recruited for sports, to sign there either. But, this is a personal observation, and nobody has to agree with it, because quite honestly, it's nobody's business but my own, and that of my child.

My problem is so fraught with misgivings, because I'm essentially saying he shouldn't be allowed on the field for the Badgers, but at the same time, I believe he has every right to pursue his education, and play football, even with the Badgers. It would have been easier for everyone concerned if he had opted to leave as a transfer to another school. There are a lot of them that consider situations like this nothing more than something that happens a couple of times a year. In Madison, it's earth-shaking, by comparison.

Having dealt with sexual assault as a police officer, I can tell you that what the victim goes through is every bit as scary and often more demeaning than anything the perp goes through. I've seen young, teen age girls turned into basket cases in a court room by defense attorneys, and saw how they were treated in their schools by their peers, when the person being charged was a "jock." It's not pretty. I've also seen the result when a guy gets off, and was guilty as hell, and the victim sits in a bath tub and slices her own wrists, because she can't live with the pain being inflicted by her peers.

Until you've been close to a situation, it's difficult understanding. I can't put a value on wins and losses here. The University of Wisconsin, and every woman on the campus has suffered a loss. It will have repercussions, either legally, or played out in public.

on the flip side false accusations played a part here and unfortunately in society today it prevalent. And that in itself does not help victims who are assaulted who will not come forward. He Said She Said. Not making excuses here but its real. And the "Code of Conduct" failed itself here. Q never was allowed due process when expelled, hence the lawsuit. And no the code is not applied equally and that in itself is a big issue. And a jury of his peers found him not guilty in 45 minutes of deliberation. Not lost here is the racial component, something that is better discussed in the outhouse but anyone can look that up and draw their own conclusion. The alumnus part of me is torn. Glad Q is back playing, make the team better, but part of me is angry at the chancellor and how she handled things from day 1 and wish a lawsuit would have been filed and say FU to UW. That would have been damaging to the university on multiple levels

Back