Cardinals 9, Brewers 4: Bullpen woes, defensive lapses contribute to ugly loss

CrewNation

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
A night after the Milwaukee Brewers’ offense nearly was no-hit in a lifeless loss, it was the bullpen's and defense’s turn to disappoint.

brewers

Continue reading...

The wheels on the bus are coming off.

4 games back in the division and 3.5 in WC this team is dead it does not have what it takes to make a charge instead it seems they are in a free fall mode.

The wheels on the bus are coming off.

4 games back in the division and 3.5 in WC this team is dead it does not have what it takes to make a charge instead it seems they are in a free fall mode.
Far from over. Milwaukee get 17 of the next 36 games vs teams sub .500 and a favorable home schedule Including 4 at home vs Chicago who is a disaster on the road. I would not say losing 3 in a row is free fall. Cubs and StL play each other 7x in September so one will fall off and both play Washington and Cubs get Mets in NY, again a disaster on the road. Lot of baseball left

Brewers were about 10 games over .500 thru the first 66 games next 60 games they are close to 10 games under .500 That is a 20 game swing.

Brewers were about 10 games over .500 thru the first 66 games next 60 games they are close to 10 games under .500 That is a 20 game swing.
irrelevant, the next 30 or so is all that matters, and during those 60 games they at one point were 1 game back of the division lead and also were in the #2 WC position as recently as 10 days ago so as bad as MILW was so was Chicago.

I believe last year, they Brewers were 5 games back on Sep 1. They ended up winning the division. They are not necessarily done yet.

Now, for me the difference was that their pitching staff was getting it done at a high level at the end of the year. This year just does not feel the same - from a pitching point of view. I don't think they get there this year.

I believe last year, they Brewers were 5 games back on Sep 1. They ended up winning the division. They are not necessarily done yet.

Now, for me the difference was that their pitching staff was getting it done at a high level at the end of the year. This year just does not feel the same - from a pitching point of view. I don't think they get there this year.
Looked at stats Brewers right now have the 3rd worst ERA in the NL right now.

while pitching is an issue as it is for 20 other teams, hitting with runners in scoring position is downright awful

while pitching is an issue as it is for 20 other teams, hitting with runners in scoring position is downright awful
Still can't have pitching that among the worst in the NL and expect to contend at some point something gives. Last year seems like a fluke were lots of guys were having career years and the ball bounced the Brewers way most of the time in getting comeback wins or holding on to win games. This year they are not having those comebacks and are blowing those leads they held last year.

Still can't have pitching that among the worst in the NL and expect to contend at some point something gives. Last year seems like a fluke were lots of guys were having career years and the ball bounced the Brewers way most of the time in getting comeback wins or holding on to win games. This year they are not having those comebacks and are blowing those leads they held last year.
depends how you look at it. Yankees team ERA is 4.51 Nats is 4.44 and they have arguably the best staff in the league, Brewers are at 4.77 so its not that much of a gap

Back