Bud may not be a good coach

TW

Reaction score
Maybe Bud just isn't the type of coach who can win a championship. Maybe his game goes stale, after people see it, and react to it? One thing's for certain. The Bucks are going downhill, not up, and this "it takes time to get things to mesh" statement we keep hearing is a bunch of bull. This Bucks team, regardless of talent, began eroding last year, and continues in that direction this year.

Even Giannis game is suffering because the Bucks offense is stagnant. It's not out of sync, it's stagnant. It's predictable. It's totally inadequate if you want to be in the elite group in the NBA. They are nothing more than a higher level mid level team at this point.

I keep hearing how the defense is better. Really? I don't believe that for a heartbeat. They're still one of the top scoring teams in the league, and cannot win a game when tied or behind going into the 4th quarter? They make runs at teams, but they fall short, because they give up easy scores in the paint, and way too many uncontested 3s.

Bud's 4 year trip through Atlanta started great, and ended with them dismantling, because he just plain couldn't get it done. I hate to say this but it's either make a change in Milwaukee, or watch another opportunity at a championship squandered.

You can even see it in Bud on the sidelines. He used to have a confidence about him. Now he's whining and has this look on his face like a baby dumping in his diaper. I'm sorry. That's not the demeanor of a winning coach.

I'll take a Popovich type coach any damned day of the week, win lose or draw. I know damned well with the talent the Bucks had the last two years, there would have been at least one NBA Championship in Milwaukee. At least, that's my opinion.

This team may get to the ECF or even the NBA finals but would get destroyed against the West. This bench is garbage.

Actually they tore down the team in Atlanta because ownership was beyond horrible and did not want to pay. It was actually 2 owners who spent more time suing each other rather then run a team. Just do some digging on Atlanta Spirit LLC. It made Dan Snyder look competent I digress

The offense and defense this year have both been tweaked compared to last year. On defense they have evolved to more switching than play the “guard the paint “ system. It’s a work in progress and without Holiday who might be the best defender for a PG in the league it’s a bit disjointed. The offense is not as much the “5 out” system. They are making of an effort to get Giannis low and it’s a work in progress

Before this little speed bump they won 5 in a row and it’s no coincidence that Holiday out has been an issue on both offense and defense and now lose 4.

The bench is fine. Portis and Forbes are an upgrade over Lopez and Korver. Now Auguistin is not Hill so backup PG has been a struggle.

As poor as they have played they are in a good spot in the East. 40 + games left. No panic

Last edited:
Just some context. As good as the “Big 3” Heat teams were they lost 2x in the NBA Finals, should have lost 3 except for a Ray Allen miracle shot, how long did it take Jordan and Chicago to get over the hump ? Enjoy the journey and trust the process

Just some context. As good as the “Big 3” Heat teams were they lost 2x in the NBA Finals, should have lost 3 except for a Ray Allen miracle shot, how long did it take Jordan and Chicago to get over the hump ? Enjoy the journey and trust the process
IMO the process won't last Bucks struggle Giannis will be demanding a trade either this off-season or next if Bucks can't get him to the NBA finals IMO.

IMO the process won't last Bucks struggle Giannis will be demanding a trade either this off-season or next if Bucks can't get him to the NBA finals IMO.
Name whatever $$$ figure you want I will take that bet, they go to the Finals this year or next. Not sure how much NBA hoops you have watched

Don't let this Bud sour you on the rest of us Buds

Don't let this Bud sour you on the rest of us Buds
Yeah how that 2014-15 Atlanta team won 60 games was beyond me. The next 3 years they lost Horford and Milsap to free agency. Ownership basically ripped the roster and at the same time watched its NHL move from Atlanta. It’s was a disaster

Back