Bucks don't get enough from their Big 3, fall short in double-overtime thriller

If these things matter to anyone ....
Bucks after a loss in 2019:
22-1 straight up (+15 PPG)
19-4 against the spread (+7.2 PPG)
Including, 10-1 SU and ATS on the road...

They'll definitely be playing better this next game, and if they do, I don't think it matters how good Toronto is. A Bucks team firing on all cylinders would put them away just like they did Boston.

Golden State is another matter. That's going to require no let down games.

I don’t think game 3 was a let down game. Gasol, Powell and Siakam all played well and Nurse adjusted his defense. Also Toronto ball movement was much better. Unusual for Giannis and Middleton to both have off nights but again Nurse decided to throw 3 different guys at Giannis. Game 2 changed the narrative with fans including me thinking that it was a lopsided matchup but when you look at the box scores and team stats it’s much closer than we thought. I am sticking to Bucks in 6

What's your definition of a let down game? Here's the definition from Google.

letdown game (let'doun gam) noun. A game in which a player or team submits a lackluster performance immediately following a previous game in which they either put on a dazzling exhibition or pulled off a dramatic win.

That's exactly what the Bucks had. Do that against Golden State and they'll turn the momentum of the entire series in their favor. It's obvious, when several players have bad games like the Bucks had that it was a let down, not something you'd expect from them too often.

On the positive side, despite the poor play among the Bucks stars, the bench showed they can keep them in games. The back breaker was losing Giannis in OT.

My definition of a letdown game? lethargic on both sides of the ball. Going thru the motions. Playing an inferior team and think you can flip the switch. Saw none of that last night. Saw Middleton missing open looks, Giannis missing cutters and open guys on rotation. That stuff happens. And give credit to Toronto. They hit tough shots and ball movement was real good. Sometimes shots just don’t drop. And from experience I can attest to that and yep happens at any level.

I guess we watched different games. I saw a team that made poor decisions for over three quarters. Too many of their 3 point attempts were ill chosen, and shots they could get on the drive were abandoned for kick outs for the 3. They could have won the game by making just one more two instead of throwing the ball away. What you're describing wasn't anything like what happened on the court. They were totally out of sync, and never totally got on the same page. As soon as they were there to put it away, they'd throw it away.

Starters 3-19 from 3 point range, 16%, 16-53 from 2 point range, 30%, and 14-23 in free throws, 61%. All totals far below anything they would normally post so it was obviously a let down game.

But, believe what you want. You're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong. ;)

Drive and kick outs was the MO for 82 games. What happened on the court I have noted in previous post. Missed open looks, Giannis making poor decisions, as an example the play where Mirotic was wide open for a 3 next to him when Toronto doubled him and he wanted to pass to the corner. If missed shot are a sign of a let down I don’t known what to say. Some nights shots don’t drop. Kawhi went 7-20 vs Milwaukee in the regular season. Was that a let down game at home? No sometimes defense wins of an off night. As I said from experience some night the hoop looks like a pin some night you cannot miss. It’s part of the game

It's still a let down when only one of your starting five can hit productive numbers in any phase of shooting. You can twist it any way you want and refer to your knowledge of the game as being superior, but I don't think that's necessarily true.

But, you're entitled to your opinion. End of conversation on my part.

Back