Brian Gutekunst/Murphy Power Structure

I think those guys who left definitely wanted no part in that kind of ridiculous power structure.

MM and Murphy are now tied at the hip. As long as Murphy is here so is MM. Really only reason for Murphy to change the structure and make a GM in name only is to protect certain people.

I hope the BOD can see the cluster f*** for what it is and force Murphy out too...

Wouldn't the board have had to approve the new power structure in the first place? Hasn't it been posited that it was the board who forced Murphy to move on from TT? Seems the board is complicit in these dealings.

Wouldn't the board have had to approve the new power structure in the first place? Hasn't it been posited that it was the board who forced Murphy to move on from TT? Seems the board is complicit in these dealings.
i think they may have forced Murphy to move on from TT, but i'm not sure they'd need to approve the new power structure. I'm sure they told Murphy he needs to fix things and left it at that. Now Murphy is desperately trying to "fix" things without it making it look like Gutey was the one who came in and straightened things out.

Sounds to me like Murphy is now on total micro managing kick...

Mark Murphy 63 years old I think retirement is not to far away for him.

IMO, the BOD was part of the power structure change. I believe they saw the situation with TT and were part of what pushed to Murphy to move him out. I'm also thinking they wouldn't let Murphy usurp more power without approving of something like that. Not sure if there was a formal vote or anything but I highly suspect that Murphy ran this past the BOD before deciding he was now in charge of hiring and firing the coach.

If the BOD just let this go without approval or discussion then they are worthless and should just hand over their jobs to any local PTA or similar group because they clearly aren't capable of being part of the management structure of a business as large as the Packers.

What we need to hope for is that, if...........IF!..........., Murphy fires MM after the season that they then restore the structure of a GM (Gute) being able to hire their own coach and then own that themselves.
The caveat here may be that the GM, unlike how TT closed himself off from almost the entire world (it seems), would have to regularly communicate with the President (Murphy) to ensure that "What's going on is supposed to be going on, and what's supposed to be going on is going on". FCC( ;)

Back