Brewers' Corbin Burnes wins NL Cy Young

I see a lot of people crying say he only pitched 167 innings and won 11 games that he did not deserve to win because other guys had more games won and more innings pitched.

I see a lot of people crying say he only pitched 167 innings and won 11 games that he did not deserve to win because other guys had more games won and more innings pitched.
Just idiot fans on Facebook and Twitter who dont really understand the game. The norm

Just idiot fans on Facebook and Twitter who dont really understand the game. The norm
Yep look at Brewers offense this season it was pathetic Burns could have had several more wins had he got any run support. Plus you look at K/9 BB and such he was the best in MLB.

Yep look at Brewers offense this season it was pathetic Burns could have had several more wins had he got any run support. Plus you look at K/9 BB and such he was the best in MLB.
Its beyond strikeouts and walks. His WHIP was 0.94 which is elite, 2.43 ERA, and 0.4 HR per 9 innings. Thats elite

Well deserved. I was afraid that the voters were going to mess this up and give it to Scherzer. Delighted that Burnes won, and also happy that they gave Wheeler 2nd. I would've been OK with Wheeler winning, pitching so many more innings with not much worse numbers is impressive. But Scherzer barely pitched more than Burnes, and Burnes underlying metrics crushed him.

This is amazing! first one of my life, which makes it sad and highlights how awful the pitching has been for the 36 years of my life. I would offer him a large contract with an opt out at 5 years. paired with peralta (maybe a reworked extension) it could really open up a ton of possibilities to stay competitive long term.

This is amazing! first one of my life, which makes it sad and highlights how awful the pitching has been for the 36 years of my life. I would offer him a large contract with an opt out at 5 years. paired with peralta (maybe a reworked extension) it could really open up a ton of possibilities to stay competitive long term.
To sign Burnes my guess looking that Blue Jays gave Jose Berrios which was 7 years $131 million which is just under $19 million a year.

To sign Burnes my guess looking that Blue Jays gave Jose Berrios which was 7 years $131 million which is just under $19 million a year.
Burnes will get way north of what Berrios got metrics are not really close. Avg per year closer to $25m.

Back