Brewers 6, Phillies 1: Brandon Woodruff continues his surge with six innings of shutout ball

CrewNation

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Right-hander Brandon Woodruff pitched six shutout innings and the Brewers snapped a three-game losing streak with a 6-1 victory over the Phillies.

brewers

Continue reading...

Woodruff has clearly been the best of the "rookie" starters. Peralta is close but I suspect he is inconsistent all season. Burnes looks like he's a bullpen guy at least for now.

Nice major league debut for Keston Hiura. If he continues to hit I'm not sure what they do with Shaw when he comes off the injured list. They don't have a lot of options, unless they send a pitcher down to make room for him on the active roster.

Trading Shaw probably isn't the best option because right now he has little to no value I suspect.

Shaw hit 63 HR the last 2 year and this team is so unbalanced they need a left hand bat off the bench at a minimum. You have to keep him

How are they so unbalanced? Among the everyday starters they have left handed bats Moustakas and Yelich and the switch hitting Grandal. Off the bench they have two RH hitters in Perez and Pina along with two LH hitters in Thames and Gamel. They are reasonably balanced though I agree another LH bat like Shaw would be useful assuming he gets back to being himself.

Trading Shaw probably isn't the best option because right now he has little to no value I suspect.

How are they so unbalanced? Among the everyday starters they have left handed bats Moustakas and Yelich and the switch hitting Grandal. Off the bench they have two RH hitters in Perez and Pina along with two LH hitters in Thames and Gamel. They are reasonably balanced though I agree another LH bat like Shaw would be useful assuming he gets back to being himself.
Yeah I forgot about Thames, good point. I think Shaws ability to play 2nd or 3rd also helps depth

Back