Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this. But it does change the rotations clearly

PG : Hepburn
SG: Davison
Wing: Davis
F: Carlson
F: Wahl

or possibly Carlson off the bench and Crowl?

It could actually work out well for the Badgers. Gard has said, often enough, that Davison is like having a coach on the floor. It does allow for some leadership out front.

I'm OK with it in the sense that it allows the team to break-in the young guys with meaningful minutes without them needing to play more minutes than they may be ready for. Davis can slide to the SG position when Davison is out and someone can get minutes at the Wing. Or, they can put in Bowman to get some minutes at SG. I would also assume, barring a transfer addition that Davison will be a PG a fair number of minutes as the back-up.

Bottom line, there will likely be 25-35 minutes of meaningful playing time available at the PG, SG and WIng spots per game for a couple of the soph/frosh to take advantage of. Assume the candidates for those minutes would be Bowman & Jordan Davis with Mathew Mors maybe factoring in at the Wing position if they want to go a little bigger.

Not sure how the minutes get doled out at the big positions. Wahl will certainly get starters minutes. Crowl and Carlson likely battle for the rest unless Hodges shows he's ready for some minutes.

Reactions: TW
I don’t think Bo Borowski will be happy
9E92034F-6B97-45F2-9E2D-D482D6FDA56D.jpeg

So with Neath on board just a guess on rotations.

PG : Hepburn
SG: Davison
SG: Davis
SF: Wahl
PF: Crowl

How Gard works the bench will be interesting. Crowl / Carlson will be similar to Potter / Reuvers and how they matched up. Lot of flexibility with Bowman and Neath as a backup point, Bowman can also play SG. Mors should contribute also.

Basically you got 3 guys back who played starter minutes, lot of potential at PG with Hepburn and some really nice front court pieces with Crowl, Carlson & Mors.

It looks like one of those seasons where we're going to watch them grow. That's where the early games, prior to the Big 10 play, is so important. So many new pieces to sort out. You can only go so far in practice. Game time means a lot.

I wonder if Gard didn't influence Davison to come back. He thinks a lot of the guy's hustle, and leadership.

By the way. That picture of Boroski pisses me off every time I see him. The guy thinks it's "his" game.

Agree that the addition of Neath makes the rotations at the smaller positions likely more clear. Neath and Hepburn handle the PG spot. Davison and Bowman get the SG minutes. Davis and Mors likely handle the SG/Wing minutes. Wahl, Carlson and Crowl handle most/all of the minutes at the "big" spots, with Mors maybe getting some run there as well depending on matchups.

What really intriguing is how Gard uses guys in matchups. You can play “big” with Carlson, Crowl, Wahl, Davison and Davis. Go “small “ with Hepburn, Davison, Davis , Bowman and Crowl/ Carlson. Mors and Carlson need to get physical bigger to play inside, Carlson should be close

Back