Bobby Portis opts out

But each guy they signed fills a need which is important
Will see possible could see 1 or 2 guys get cut if guys already on team look better in Summer league.

Will see possible could see 1 or 2 guys get cut if guys already on team look better in Summer league.
  • Steven Enoch, Obradoiro (Spain)
  • Jemerrio Jones, Delaware Blue Coats (NBA G League)
  • Georgios Kalaitzakis, Panathinaikos (Greece)
  • Sandro Mamukelashvili, Seton Hall
  • John Mooney, Chiba Jets Funabashi (Japan)
  • Mike Smith, Michigan
  • D'Mitrik Trice Wisconsin

Dont hold your breath

Georgios has played a key role with some winning teams in Greece. They say he's been improving every year, and hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Anyway, maybe that's possible. Haven't seen him play myself.

Georgios has played a key role with some winning teams in Greece. They say he's been improving every year, and hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Anyway, maybe that's possible. Haven't seen him play myself.
Yeah possibly. I’ve read that his decision making is questionable so impossible to know how that translates

One guy who I think can take the next step is Nwora. He really handled himself well in limited minutes and any Olympic experience is valuable. He’s more of a spot up shooter but he’s got range and size

There's going to be a real dogfight for about 3 or 4 positions on the team this year.

There's going to be a real dogfight for about 3 or 4 positions on the team this year.
Ok some quick numbers.
Locks
  • Giannis
  • Middleton
  • Holiday
  • Ragu
  • Lopez
  • Connaughton
  • Ojeleye
  • Nwora
  • Portis
  • Hood
Fringe
  • Bryant
  • Merrill
  • Thanais
  • Diakite

Just a guess. Bryant can play PG and they bought him out to get here. Diakite I believe is partially guaranteed.

Last edited:
I think he has 1 more year in contract with Greece team so think he stays there

Back