Biggest Concern 2018 Packers ??

1. Health. This team hasnt stayed off the med table for along time. The s@c program has been laughable.

2 Ol depth. I think we are go with the starters. We will see a new face or 2 but i dont see problems. After the 5 we need some to play up to par.

3 olb depth.
4 haha becoming a leader and a player. He was hot trash last yr

20-30 catches is nothing. The recent parade of Packer rookie WR 2006-2014 (Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Adams) generally caught between 30-50 balls as rookies, and that production was considered negligible, certainly not impactful. Cobb may have been just shy of 30 but that was in 2011 playing behind that monster receiving group. Considering how little established talent there is behind Adams and Cobb, and considering the injury histories of Adams and Cobb, there is room for another WR to catch 50 balls, easily. If they're going to have a real effective passing attack one of those rookies or Allison is going to have to step up and have that kind of production.

I agree that 30-50 would be nice. Certainly there are catches to be had, but I suspect many of those catches will go to Graham rather than one of the rookies. The difference between the guys you mention and the guys we just drafted is that everyone you mention was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd Rd. All the guys we just took were 4th Rd or later. No 4th Rd or later WR for the Packers has had more than 10 receptions since the start of the Holmgren era. Not saying it can't happen, just that in all the years since we went to a fairly sophisticated passing offense there has not been a single late round WR that even contributed 20-30 catches. Even my prediction is hopeful, at best - and that's based on the idea that someone has to line up out there and make some catches. It'll probably actually be 2-3 different guys that will split those 30-50 catches. Maybe one of them will surprise us but history is not on his side.

Between graham and the rooks lewis and even the rbs we can split 80 rec. Adams graham and cobb should take most of the heat off the other guys. The physical tools alone of mvs st brown moore and monty should be able to get some production

Good points by all.
Like we all have been saying, this is a rebuilding year. It will take time for the rookies to acclimate and the D will not improve overnight. Offensively we should be ok if Graham hasn't lost his step.
I am predicting a 9-7 record. AR is fine through the season but D still is crappy. We miss playoffs and MM gets fired at end of season.

CB's, Biegel, WR opposite Adams, right side of OL. that's what i'll be watching.

Back