Biggest Concern 2018 Packers ??

Go Pack 85

Founding Member
Founder
Reaction score
Training camp is almost here. Much has been written this off season on every aspect of the Packers upcoming 2018 season. We are quick to heap praise upon those portions of GB's NFL team that are safe to post about. Some do have the courage to point a finger at areas of the team that may be bringing up the rear, so to speak.

On the offensive side of the ball, I'm most nervous about the Right Guard and Right Tackle positions. Next, I'm concerned with the WR2 and WR3 positions.

On the defensive side of the ball, I'm most nervous about to CBs. I'm fairly confident about the Safeties and their area of responsibility.

Special teams will develop as it does each season, but a fearsome return team would be an added asset to what should be a very good 2018 Packer team.

The right side of the line is my primary concern, but close behind is WR. Adams and Cobb are known quantities, but after that we have almost nothing. Allison has made some plays, but I think his lack of speed limits him to being a role player rather than a productive #2/outside guy which is what we need given that Cobb is pretty much a slot only guy now.

Davis has the speed but just hasn't made any impact. 8 receptions in 2 season doesn't leave me with much confidence that he'll suddenly break out this season. Clark is a potentially interesting guys with some size and speed but is raw and probably figures to get occasional chances in the red zone rather than being a guy who can help keep the sticks moving between the 20's.

I think it will have to be one of the rookies that will need to step up and at least contribute say 20-30 catches this year. Jimmy Graham will likely be the default #2 WR for most of the year as I doubt we will see him lined up much as an in-line TE.

I think it will have to be one of the rookies that will need to step up and at least contribute say 20-30 catches this year. Jimmy Graham will likely be the default #2 WR for most of the year as I doubt we will see him lined up much as an in-line TE.

20-30 catches is nothing. The recent parade of Packer rookie WR 2006-2014 (Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Adams) generally caught between 30-50 balls as rookies, and that production was considered negligible, certainly not impactful. Cobb may have been just shy of 30 but that was in 2011 playing behind that monster receiving group. Considering how little established talent there is behind Adams and Cobb, and considering the injury histories of Adams and Cobb, there is room for another WR to catch 50 balls, easily. If they're going to have a real effective passing attack one of those rookies or Allison is going to have to step up and have that kind of production.

1st Concern: Rodgers staying healthy
2nd Concern: Are the receivers as good as some people believe? I think losing Nelson is a big deal, and will end up showing.
3rd Concern: I'm not confident that Pettine has the personnel to make the changes on D to make them a solid defense.
4th Concern: Depth is horrible. But, it won't matter, if any 2 of the top 3 are bad.

Hundley vs Kizer- The battle of the two worst QBs in the league last year for our backup spot. Rodgers goes down that's who you have to lead the way hide)

Hundley vs Kizer- The battle of the two worst QBs in the league last year for our backup spot. Rodgers goes down that's who you have to lead the way hide)

still can't believe that they thought the solution to last year's nightmare was bring in the only starting qb in the league that was worse than the guy we already had.

Back