Barclay and Bakhtiari are awful against pressure

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Listening to radio on way home they say Barclay is the worst tackle in the NFL against the pressure right now giving up 21 QB pressures with second place being 16. Bakhtiari they did not give a number for but he was tied for 4th in most QB pressures given up.

Makes you wonder how Rodgers has not got killed with these two protecting him.

Listening to radio on way home they say Barclay is the worst tackle in the NFL against the pressure right now giving up 21 QB pressures with second place being 16. Bakhtiari they did not give a number for but he was tied for 4th in most QB pressures given up.

Makes you wonder how Rodgers has not got killed with these two protecting him.

Rodgers is fantastic moving in the pocket... he can step left/right and buy those extra 2-3 seconds. Let's face it Barclay is an OG playing OT with a knee that's not 100% back yet, Bak is playing on a bum leg as well.

We have a limited OT group... it's weakness teams will exploit. Hopefully that doesn't lead to #12 getting hurt. hope(

Rodgers is fantastic moving in the pocket... he can step left/right and buy those extra 2-3 seconds. Let's face it Barclay is an OG playing OT with a knee that's not 100% back yet, Bak is playing on a bum leg as well.

We have a limited OT group... it's weakness teams will exploit. Hopefully that doesn't lead to #12 getting hurt. hope(

I suppose things could be worse we could be playing Sherrod at RT again. LOL

I suppose things could be worse we could be playing Sherrod at RT again. LOL
Buddy, I had to think long and hard about giving you a thumbs down for that one! But I withheld because it made me laugh. :D

I get scared every time Aaron is back there in the pocket...and I'm not kidding. Gotta be someone better available. Walker must not be ready at all. Rams DL is sick too...in a way that's good for the Rams. Here's hoping Aaron stays healthy. Maybe a heavy dose of Lacy and Starks will keep them from pinning their ears back. They have a scary defensive front. Not a good time for the tackles to be struggling. FP(

Eric Baranczyk (sp?) at the press gazette had a good take on them, basically saying that before last Sunday Barclay and Bak were able to ride edge rushers wide, giving AR space and lanes to step up and maneuver or run. On Sunday the 49ers rushed only to Rodgers' depth, then went to power moves and just kept overpowering the two of them, preventing AR from escaping. This was the exact same thing BB did when we played NE last year, but our OT play was better so although Aaron couldn't escape in that game, they also didn't pound him like SF did.

Bottom line, Rams are a very aggressive team and I expect them to try to dictate to AR and not the other way around, but other teams less talented along the DL will likely follow SF's successful plan.

Back