Badgers vs Northwestern Lead up

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
On to the wildcats this week. Short two safeties for the first half. Really need two long offensive drives to open and burn time off the clock. Northwestern is always a pain but always easier at home then away. Thoughts ?

I think Wilder will be fine and Cone looks good to go so not as concerned as I was Saturday. A bit surprised on slow start by Johnson at QB for NW. Dude has talent. I like the makeup of this team. Close until mid 3rd quarter then get some separation

The thing I'll be most watching will be the intensity of the Badgers. These guys are college kids and prone to ups, downs, momentum shifts and after the big game against Michigan, will there be a letdown? I don't think they'll have a problem with Northwestern this week and they'll continue their roll.

I think the Badgers will come out en fuego! Their rise to #8 has to give them more purpose. They have to sense that all their roads lead to a show down with OSU if they play at the level they are now.

I think their play from the start is going to give them an early lead, and they won't look back. I'm looking at a 35-10 score.

Northwestern's offense has been really stagnant. I don't see this as the week they break out. Northwestern's defense has been OK but gave up a lot against a pretty ho-hum MSU offense last week. I would not be surprised if the final score is similar - something like 31-10 or 35-14.

If Taylor goes off - it could get worse. He's had some forgettable games against the Wildcats so may have a chip on his shoulder.

This whole team should have a chip on its shoulder Northwestern has given the Badgers fits they are well coached smart and if you don’t pay attention will steal one away before you can say oh sh#$. With that said I think. PC and staff will have them ready.

Back