Badgers using Axe loss as motivation for 2019 season

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The 2018 season did not go exactly as planned for the Wisconsin Badgers football program. Putting the cap on a disappointing season was UW’s first loss in 15 games to bitter rival Minnesota. Not seeing Paul Bunyan’s Axe in the Badgers trophy case had to be a strange feeling when it happened. But, it has also become motivation for the Badgers to remember that awful feeling and never let...

Source

Continue reading...

Reactions: TW
The Axe is more than just a symbol of the game. It was a symbol of how far they'd fallen as a team. There was no way Minnesota should have lined up and beat the Badgers.

It's happened too often, in too many sports, recently.

The Axe is more than just a symbol of the game. It was a symbol of how far they'd fallen as a team. There was no way Minnesota should have lined up and beat the Badgers.

It's happened too often, in too many sports, recently.

Too often? We we split with them in hoops this year, swept them last year in a down year.....so

And I don't think the program has fallen. It was an off year and happens to many programs. And if one off year is 8-5 I am not going to be too upset. Now if 7-5 becomes the norm the next 2-3 years then yes, some questions need to be raised. The Minny game was an aberration, Hornibrook was not close to 100%, defense was killed with injuries and honestly PC did a horrible job in game prep.

Come on! You should know better. The Badgers should have beaten the Gophers in football, and basketball this year. To me, not winning games that you should, means you "fell down." Nobody indicated it was a major drop off in the entire range of sports. There was absolutely no excuse, with or without Hornibrook, that the Badgers should have been blown out by the Gophers, but they were. As far as basketball, it was a let up that shouldn't have happened. You can't put the scores on the board before the game starts, and that seemed to be what happened.

Not once did I call for the coach's heads, or state anything about them being in need of major overhaul. I just simply stated that they fell down in those games. Don't try to make an argument out of it!

No as a team they have not fallen. They played one bad half of hoops vs Minnesota in hoops at home and they beat them on the road. That was not a bad Minny team. They beat Purdue twice. As to football they got beat. It happens. Minny dominated our DL that day. We had backup OL playing DL. It was an aberration, not a program defining game I don’t get this “it happened to often thing”. Not making an argument

Back