Badgers lose to Michigan

The best thing I can say about this game is that it will give Gard plenty of teaching opportunities, and reason to push them harder than they thought possible. They need to step up

I'm watching guys that I know have better talent than what I'm seeing out there playing at a low level, and I'm at a loss to say what the problem is. I am amiss as to what's happened to Davison, Ford, and Reuvers. The promising start from Davis has also disappeared.

Not pointing at anything but it is Gard's job to straighten it out.
Ford has played ok this year, sans for a couple of games he at about 40% from 3 and 8 double digit scoring games. Davison has not been consistent but that’s been his story for his career.

Now Reuvers. This one is puzzling to me. He’s weak at the rim, lost confidence in his shot and seems to get flustered with pressure. That’s not what he has shown for the last 3 years. Clearly he’s pressing and it’s also impacted his defense. He got blocked twice in the first 5 minutes last night and that’s unacceptable. For that matter the entire team was weak at the rim last night.

Michigan’s ball pressure on the perimeter was exceptional last night. Guards are 6’5” & 6’8” and center is 7’1”. They could apply that pressure knowing they had help in the middle.

One important point also that I noticed the last 3-4 games. The bench / rotation has really got shot with Carlson out. We need to see more points from Wahl. It’s basically an 8 player rotation.

Badgers team just runs way to hot and cold to be title contenders this year.

Badgers team just runs way to hot and cold to be title contenders this year.
Disagree, they are 10-3 and were a title contender before the season and still are. I’ve watched each game except the first 3. They are shooting 40% form 3 and 44% overall. Last night was for only game that they got run.

And let’s give Michigan credit. Before last night their margin on victory was 19 points and 25 I believe. Last night was not a fluke, they are a top 3 team nationally

Back