Backthepack dec mock

But they do have young guys already on the roster who have gotten serious playing time this year.
Chandon Sullivan especially, and he’s played very well.
The also like Kadar Hollman, and have another kid stashed on the PS.
Bringing back T-Will would be nice but my feeling is that he’s not coming back on the cheap. If they want him it will be at HIS asking price and that’s likely somewhere north of $7-8M for a 1yr deal.

I don't see it that way. What leverage does he have to demand money north of 7-8 mil? He had a fine year. I know PFF isn't the end all be all but hes in the top 25 cbs for them. As an aging guy that if he would want to play another season I think GB is the fit for him. IF he wants that much yea let him walk but I don't see the harm in bringing him back for close to what hes getting (5mil)

Yep we do have a young group. I like both Sullivan and Hollman, but neither have taken Williams snaps away. If they beat him out in camp so be it. That's a good thing. With King going into a contract year next season the pack will need to make a decision at cb. No reason to go backwards at this position.

another option to lock down the slot corner for the long run would be signing a FA like Brian Poole. He has been lock down in the slot.

What leverage does he have to demand money north of 7-8 mil?

His leverage is that if GB says, "We want you to come back for another year", they've opened the door to give him license to ask for whatever he wants or he leaves/retires.

Can they find a mutual understanding? Sure.

But first they need to assess how he feels about going through "the grind" one more time. Is his heart in it? Or, is his wallet in it?

Williams and Amos bring a lot of veteran leadership on the field. If Williams is willing to accept a somewhat similar contract, I'd keep him around. If you don't, you still have to replace him on the roster and lose continuity.

Of course, they might feel some of their young players are ready to step up.

I don't see it that way. What leverage does he have to demand money north of 7-8 mil? He had a fine year. I know PFF isn't the end all be all but hes in the top 25 cbs for them. As an aging guy that if he would want to play another season I think GB is the fit for him. IF he wants that much yea let him walk but I don't see the harm in bringing him back for close to what hes getting (5mil)

Yep we do have a young group. I like both Sullivan and Hollman, but neither have taken Williams snaps away. If they beat him out in camp so be it. That's a good thing. With King going into a contract year next season the pack will need to make a decision at cb. No reason to go backwards at this position.

another option to lock down the slot corner for the long run would be signing a FA like Brian Poole. He has been lock down in the slot.

~Packers Wire does not allow us to post links here ~

Last edited by a moderator:
good article danno. however, i once posted one of zach cruse's articles here and was instructed by mark to never post another. maybe things have changed, but just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct they gave us a ton of crap for posting links here. Please refrain from using their stuff.... Ditto with Acme Packing and Cheeeseheadtv.

Williams got almost $5 million this year I would not bring him back at that.

I guessing the article was on Sullivan. Yep the kid was been a pleasant surprise and I look forward to him getting more and more playing time. That being said we can never have enough cbs and 1 injury changes a lot of things.

Anywho. Back to the mock topic this one is outdated now that leatherwood is going back to school. Aiyuk also is climbing up. Maybe I shoild keep quiet bc guys i like the last 2 mocks are becoming harder to nab ha

Back