back the pack, new yr new coach mock offseason

Backthepack4ever

Reaction score
Feels like the packers opened up the windows and let in some fresh air. They got their new coach. Now its time for them to fix this roster and bring the hardware home.

before I start I know some of these moves might seem far fetched and out of character for the packers but they are in the realm of reality. or at least in mine
icon_cool.gif

Trade

jags get
Nick Perry
pick 12
rd 2 pick 12
2020 round 4

Pack get
rd 2 pick 7
Yannick Ngakoue
Jalen Ramsey

before you stop reading hear me out. this deal isn't that crazy.
1- the jags should be looking for their qb of the future. with having 2 top 12 picks they would have the ammo to move up and get Haskins if that's what they want to do.
2- the jags are very strong in the front 7, they drafted Braynt last season. losing Ngakoue and renting Perry isn't a huge loss for them. They need to fix the o and can get their qb our use the 2 high picks how they see fit.
3- Ramsey seems to have worn out his welcome. They could cut ties with 2 yrs left.

For the pack they lose a high pick but add huge talent that they would not get out of a rookie the next few yrs. Ngakoue was a fav of ming a few yrs ago and he doesn't get much talk but he has 29 sacks in 3 seasons. He could get to that exclusive 40 in 4 list.
Ramsey gets a fresh start and the packers get a lockdown cb to join Alexander. If king could stay healthy our cb group is dynamite
Win Win trade

Gone
Cobb
Matthews
Wilkerson
Crosby... time to move on

FA

Rodger Saffold OG

A huge upgrade at guard. We were bad at guard this yr and need to get it fixed to get the O humming. Saffold had a great yr and has plenty left in the tank.

Tre Boston. S

Another starter added to the D. Hes not the sexy names out there but he is a solid starter in the league. He shouldn't break the bank and can help us force some turnovers.

Henry Anderson. DL

This would be a huge pickup. Prob bigger then the Wilkerson signing last yr. This guy has a nice season both against the run and getting to the qb. perfect 5 tech fit. Hell of a football player. also blocked 3 figgys.

DRAFT

Round 1 pick 30ish

Brian Burns edge FSU

Needs to add some weight but has all the tools to be a difference maker. long and lean like Floyd. He wouldn't be thrown into the fire and could be used on passing downs yr 1.

Round 2 (jags)

Dalton Risner OL K State

I just love this guy. He can play all over. He shut down 1st rounder Sweat with ease. Good feet and has some nasty in the run game. Would beat out our guards just walking in the building and can take over when BB goes down.

Round 3

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S Fl

Hard hitting safety that can cover ground and is good in coverage.

Round 4

Cameron Smith ILB USC

Was all world as a freshman. The hyped cooled some but hes still a talented middle LB to pair with Marty.

Round 4

Max Scharping OT

He has been a small school favorite but many posters. He has everything you want in a future starter. Might need some time to get to the big boy level but he should be just fine in a yr or 2.

Round 5

Devin Singletary RB FAU

The rb sleeper in this class. Outside of Jones and Williams we have nothing. Singletary is more of a Jones type but can never have enough game changers. TD machine. Give the new coach some toys

Round 6 Tony Pollard WR Memphis

With Cobb gone we need a guy to fill the slot role. Pollard is a 5"10 205 pound ball of fire. he is one of the best returners in the country and perfect for what we want in a slot player. hes quick and does big things with the ball in his hands.

Round 6

Josh Oliver TE SDST

Small school kid that didn't get a ton of action but has the body and skill set to be a match up nightmare or nice inline blocker.

Round 7

Kicker

Feels like the packers opened up the windows and let in some fresh air. They got their new coach. Now its time for them to fix this roster and bring the hardware home.

before I start I know some of these moves might seem far fetched and out of character for the packers but they are in the realm of reality. or at least in mine
icon_cool.gif

Trade

jags get
Nick Perry
pick 12
rd 2 pick 12
2020 round 4

Pack get
rd 2 pick 7
Yannick Ngakoue
Jalen Ramsey

before you stop reading hear me out. this deal isn't that crazy.
1- the jags should be looking for their qb of the future. with having 2 top 12 picks they would have the ammo to move up and get Haskins if that's what they want to do.
2- the jags are very strong in the front 7, they drafted Braynt last season. losing Ngakoue and renting Perry isn't a huge loss for them. They need to fix the o and can get their qb our use the 2 high picks how they see fit.
3- Ramsey seems to have worn out his welcome. They could cut ties with 2 yrs left.

For the pack they lose a high pick but add huge talent that they would not get out of a rookie the next few yrs. Ngakoue was a fav of ming a few yrs ago and he doesn't get much talk but he has 29 sacks in 3 seasons. He could get to that exclusive 40 in 4 list.
Ramsey gets a fresh start and the packers get a lockdown cb to join Alexander. If king could stay healthy our cb group is dynamite
Win Win trade

Gone
Cobb
Matthews
Wilkerson
Crosby... time to move on

FA

Rodger Saffold OG

A huge upgrade at guard. We were bad at guard this yr and need to get it fixed to get the O humming. Saffold had a great yr and has plenty left in the tank.

Tre Boston. S

Another starter added to the D. Hes not the sexy names out there but he is a solid starter in the league. He shouldn't break the bank and can help us force some turnovers.

Henry Anderson. DL

This would be a huge pickup. Prob bigger then the Wilkerson signing last yr. This guy has a nice season both against the run and getting to the qb. perfect 5 tech fit. Hell of a football player. also blocked 3 figgys.

DRAFT

Round 1 pick 30ish

Brian Burns edge FSU

Needs to add some weight but has all the tools to be a difference maker. long and lean like Floyd. He wouldn't be thrown into the fire and could be used on passing downs yr 1.

Round 2 (jags)

Dalton Risner OL K State

I just love this guy. He can play all over. He shut down 1st rounder Sweat with ease. Good feet and has some nasty in the run game. Would beat out our guards just walking in the building and can take over when BB goes down.

Round 3

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S Fl

Hard hitting safety that can cover ground and is good in coverage.

Round 4

Cameron Smith ILB USC

Was all world as a freshman. The hyped cooled some but hes still a talented middle LB to pair with Marty.

Round 4

Max Scharping OT

He has been a small school favorite but many posters. He has everything you want in a future starter. Might need some time to get to the big boy level but he should be just fine in a yr or 2.

Round 5

Devin Singletary RB FAU

The rb sleeper in this class. Outside of Jones and Williams we have nothing. Singletary is more of a Jones type but can never have enough game changers. TD machine. Give the new coach some toys

Round 6 Tony Pollard WR Memphis

With Cobb gone we need a guy to fill the slot role. Pollard is a 5"10 205 pound ball of fire. he is one of the best returners in the country and perfect for what we want in a slot player. hes quick and does big things with the ball in his hands.

Round 6

Josh Oliver TE SDST

Small school kid that didn't get a ton of action but has the body and skill set to be a match up nightmare or nice inline blocker.

Round 7

Kicker
Ramsey dead money is equal to his cap hit so financially does not work and I can't see them adding $14m for Perry

yea it was just to add in a trade. the chances of it happening are zero only chose the jags bc they might want the ammo to go up and get their qb. Ramsey has worn out his welcome there per rumors and with peters being moved for a 2nd and 4th it wasn't to crazy. the real piece would have been yannick.

Back