At the Bye.......

If he’s waiting for the playoffs he should be fired now. This is part scheme and part talent. Still issues at LB and DL depth but this was never a one year fix.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about if he's waiting for the playoffs he should be fired now. We are not even a lock for the playoffs. We are in a good spot, but it could be screwed up.

With few exceptions, I don't think the talent is even playing up to their potential. Something seems way off. We're playing some sort of bend but don't break defense to avoid big plays, yet we give up more big plays than anybody. I think it is the scheme / strategy / tactics. We do not tackle well. Seems to be a lot of hanging around until it's desperation - red zone / end of game. I don't understand it. But somehow the defense is having fun? I admit I'm the old fuddy duddy. But how can they show up every week and get pounded without any even apparent attempt to show up toe the line?

Oh well. Early this year when we had a "dominating defense," I said it wasn't dominating but opportunistic. Now I think it's just lucky.

But, we are 8 -2. Both the offense and defense seem to find ways. Holy Cow.

Dropped TWO interceptions, still held opponent to 16 points. But yeah, we need to pull it together for the playoffs.

For a team that relies on turnovers, we sure drop a ton of INTs.

Dropped TWO interceptions, still held opponent to 16 points. But yeah, we need to pull it together for the playoffs.

#MakeStickemLegalAgain

If you don't like dropped INTs, do not watch a replay of SF-SEA. Jimmy G must've thrown 6 balls that hit seattle defenders right in the hands.

The playmakers we thought we had on defense just haven't been making plays. Jaire is on the brink, but you have to MAKE the play! It's hard on the heart watching us play to our opponents level every game. Some of these games should not be coming down to the wire. Hopefully the opportunistic part of the defense will come back and we'll start catching some of those balls. 8-2, whooda thunk it?

Never thought 8-2 was possible. Hopefully they don't lose their juice over the break. But even if they finish 10-6 or 9-7 you have to call the season a success.

As for MP let's not pretend he was handed an allstar roster. There are still serious depth/talent issues on defense that limit what he can do. And MP isn't the guy calling the draft. Expecting MP to have this defense turned around and playing lights out first year is a bit much.

Both ML and MP have these guys playing as a group beyond their talent level. getting rid of MP at this point, barring a complete collapse on def would be something a crappy owner like Snyder would do. You have to give these guys time to fix the mess MM and TT created.

Back