Arcia traded to Braves

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Brewers moved Arcia early Thursday afternoon for a pair of pitchers (Patrick Weigel and Chad Sobotka) from Atlanta.

I did not know he led the team last year hitting .260

How much of this is committing to Luis Urias and him coming around, and how much is Arcia's historic performance at the plate?

The Brewers moved Arcia early Thursday afternoon for a pair of pitchers (Patrick Weigel and Chad Sobotka) from Atlanta.

I did not know he led the team last year hitting .260

How much of this is committing to Luis Urias and him coming around, and how much is Arcia's historic performance at the plate?
Telling it like it is, Milwaukee got fleeced. Weigel has some minor upside but he’s still a long shot. Personally it’s per Urias and also financial, he’s an Arb 3 next year.

Really don't get this trade. Why now? Why not wait until closer to the trade deadline? Arcia's bat hasn't been great over time but his defense is solid. I'm thinking another contender might have offered more later in the season.

I'd be concerned that as a team they hit .223 last year, and look like they might not go much higher this year. Jury still out on pitching. That might be why they're looking for arms. Not a Brewers fan, so I don't know a lot about how they're being handled, but so far they just ain't right.

Part of it was also Arica regressed he never had a great bat and coming up from the minors he was known for his glove and he's got worst in the majors with his defense. To show how little MKE got shows how little value Arica did have. I still think this team will be lucky to finish .500 at end of the seaosn.

I'd be concerned that as a team they hit .223 last year, and look like they might not go much higher this year. Jury still out on pitching. That might be why they're looking for arms. Not a Brewers fan, so I don't know a lot about how they're being handled, but so far they just ain't right.
Pitching is not issue with the team it's hitting. Everyone is hitting like garbage. Yelich is carrying over his poor 2020 season so far and only hitting .200 right now. Brewers also were stupid they went cheap did not try to sign any good hitting went cheap and for guys they brought in are more known for their glove then their bat.

Last I looked we are 4 games into the season. It’s way to early to panic and start the handwringing. Did Yelich hit bad last year yes and he even admitted some of the reasons why. Not doing to beat that horse dead anymore but last year was far from normal. This organization went “cheap” just like everyone in the division did and for that matter most of MLB.

Is the jury out on pitching? No. Woodruff and Burnes are legit 1-2 starters and the pen is solid. This team is about a 85-88 win team.

Back