Anna Linsley - Thank You GB

Boyle kept his mouth shut, head down, and did what he was asked. He was a good #2 in that respect. He never complained about anything, including the parade of guys they brought in who were pretenders to the #2 spot. I give him credit for that. He always knew his role.

Who knows? He might find success somewhere else. He's a good student of the game, and might fit into a system somewhere else. I wish him luck.

What so many people forget about is that a #2 QB in the NFL can salt away a hell of a lot of money over a 4 or 5 year career as a back up. It can set them up for life, so they don't have to work hard to make a living. The money will pay for a home, and even the money to start a small low maintenance, and overhead business, where they can make money off their being in the NFL. A lot of them have done quite well that way.

It's all on how they sell themselves after their football days are over. Look at Bob Lurtsema from the Vikings. Those of us who remember him as Benchwarmer Bob remember how he turned being a sub into a decent living outside the game. It's amazing the business success just being there did for him.

Another example, different sport, Bob Uecker. How can anyone look at a career .200 hitter in the low pay days of MLB and say the guy is a financial success? Bob proved that it's how you carry yourself during, and after your career that matters.

Who knows? He might find success somewhere else. He's a good student of the game, and might fit into a system somewhere else. I wish him luck.
me too. i think he might actually be better than a few of the starters in the nfl.

me too. i think he might actually be better than a few of the starters in the nfl.
He’s got traits the look for in starting QB’s (big arm, size, fearless in the pocket), but he needed lots of NFL reps to polish the nuances of his game that were sub-par and GB wasn’t a place he was going to get those kind of reps, not with #12 in the house.

EzLnEYYVoA8C7mf

Back